ayalas

Rear view car cams

Lately i have seen more and more cars with this back-up cams.Do any of you guys work this cams or have installed them?

I just added a backup camera to our work van. It's a Chevy Express Cargo Van and you can't see a thing behind it. I took a small color bullet camera attached it under the rear bumper and ran some RG59 w 18g power to the cab. I spliced the power wire to the cigarette converter on a small 4" color monitor. Plugged it into the cigarette lighter and I had a back up camera. If you want it to come on only when you back up to have to attached the power to the backup light so you only get power when in reverse. I like having it one while driving, you would be surprised at the number of time some small car comes up right on your bumper and you can't see then out you side mirrors. .

It will be a good idea to ask for sure if the seller has mirror function car rear view cam before buying it, for many car rear view cams aren't menu built-in and it will be difficult to make the image reversed if it doesn't have mirror function.

Reversing the image is a problem for me... I need a rear-facing camera for my Car DVR, but I want it to show a real image instead of a reversed one. I'm not using it for backing up, just for a rear-facing view for evidence in an accident.

I'll have to check to see if my Aver EB1304MOB DVR has a mirror option per-channel - that way I could use a 'reversed' rear-view camera.

In my pervious car I had a tiny bullet mounted to the rear passenger grab-handle mount, but the new car has side curtain airbags so I can't install any hardware in the path of the airbag. I may just suction-cup it to the rear glass - the camera is very light.

Evidence in an accident, that's a strange one.

If you get hit by a following vehicle they're normally always to blame as they shouldn't have been so close that they couldn't avoid a collision in the first place.

8)

And also remember that the same video can be used in evidence against you in the event you cause an accident.

1) If they know it's there...

2) If I caused the accident then I'll fess up - don't need a video. Been there, done that.

I find it amazing the stupid things that people do while driving!

I support video on a car.

On news footages, and shows that specialize in "the most shocking videos", I have seen vehicles that were in volved in an accident, but reviewing the video you see a car that comes from a different lane that causes that "too good to be true story"!

I would hate to be in an accident where based on police view of the scene, their career experience, they say you are at fault when the reality of it is that it is the other persons fault, and it is your word against theirs!

I cannot imagine where it would be useful, but I would love to get the video of the guy who is behind me, whips around me, then makes a right turn while I am locking up my brakes to avoid an accident. If I collide who is at fault with out witnesses?

I say protect yourself at all times, or sell the "most shocking video" of someone else's accident to the news, and shocking shows!

Most of these rear view cameras only come on when you put the gear on reverese. So that you wont run over anything or any one like a child. But then again if you have a dvr on the car i guess the cam would be on all of the time even if you dont see an image on the monitors. I guess the botton line is drive safe.