sillared

Can this be done?

I posted this in another forum, but thought this forum might be a little more active and get seen by more eyeballs.

Can a Lorex SG17Q2041 system be hooked up to a PC or a DVR for recording? If yes, how would you go about it? What would you recommend hooking it up to? If it can be hooked up to a DVR or PC for recording, why would you or why wouldnt you do it this way?

Thanks for the input

Eric

I posted this in another forum, but thought this forum might be a little more active and get seen by more eyeballs.

Can a Lorex SG17Q2041 system be hooked up to a PC or a DVR for recording? If yes, how would you go about it? What would you recommend hooking it up to? If it can be hooked up to a DVR or PC for recording, why would you or why wouldnt you do it this way?

Thanks for the input

Eric

No you can't!

The only way to get it into a computer is to buy a Video Compression card for PC and then have the signals from the camera plugged into the PC instead of that monitor.

JD

It can be done it's just cost prohibitive, you have to buy adapters for each of the cameras (crap cams too!) then you trash the monitor then you buy your DVR.

Anything is possible of course with the exception of money. If you have tons of money to spend on this systems then yes. It can be done. If not, then you are out of luck at this point. Sorry could not help you any further.

I think I found a solution....

http://www.amazon.com/Lorex-Pin-Coupler-Power-Supply/dp/tech-data/B000HZIC2Q/ref=de_a_smtd/105-6324666-9538803

coupled with this: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=335454

to use the cameras that came with the quad.

Yes, I know it will record continuously, but are there any other drawbacks we would have to be aware of? Yes, more hard drive space would be preferable with 24/7 recording, and that will be addressed. Just looking for thoughts/comments/experiences. Thanks much folks!

did it........used the old monitor also. odd thing is the power is slightly touchy when connecting the adapters. power off all and one at a time plug un your cameras making sure they work seperately. after you get it connected let it alone. lots of wiring also.....looks crappy.

Client wanted a new recorded keeping old cams. adapters worked BUT in the long run you'd be better off junking it all. Cameras look crappy on a decent recorder..........