johnnyjb

Infared

How come you can see the red glow from a camera with infared diodes around it. i didnt think we could pick up infard light

Its all about the Filter:

730nm = high glow, 850nm = slight glow, 950nm = invisible

Hello

You can see most IR cameras when they turn on at light because of the redish glow you mentioned that is because they run on a Wavelength 850 nm.

Cameras that use IR's that run on 940nm+ are invisible to the human eye.

If you want to know more feel free to shoot me a email.

I just saw the best IR cameras I have ever seen the other day.

if you want to talk more feel free to shoot me a PM.

Hope this helps

I think the guys above me explained this really well. Let us know if you need the cameras that do not put out that glow. We can guide you in the right direction. Thanks

Typically the same price. The difference is that the IR distance is less due to the increased filter.

so the IR's with 850NM are the best in terms of distance.

does it matter how many LED's there are on the camera to get a longer distance.

For instance we sell 2 IR's with 12 LEDS, one that goes 30ft and the other that 45ft, how does this work out.

thanks for answering these newbie questions

Not really, the lowest filter will give the greater IR, if only comparing the NM of identical Bulbs. So identical IR bulbs, the 730nm version would see more than the 850nm version, as there is more light, due to there being a smaller filter.

As to the LEDs, the number of LEDs does not mean anything much, it is the size of the LEDs that matter. But in addition to that, the camera itself makes the world of difference. Its like having a 150' IR Bulb and a Color camera, great IR bulb but the color camera cant see the IR anyway; same goes for day night cameras, some handle IR better than others. For example, one with an IR Cut Filter (True Day Night) could have better IR sensitivity than a basic Color IR Camera (No IR Cut Filter), even with the same amount of IR LEDs.

For example, one with an IR Cut Filter (True Day Night) could have better IR sensitivity than a basic Color IR Camera (No IR Cut Filter), even with the same amount of IR LEDs.

Hi,

That last bit could be misleading to some. It could be interpreted that an IR cut filter is a good thing to have if you want IR sensitivity when it is actually the opposite. IR cut filters stop IR, otherwise it would be an IR pass filter. An IR cut filter is a bad thing if you want your camera to be IR sensitive. All colour cameras (colour only or day night) should have an IR cut filter to ensure correct colour and grey scale reproduction.

Most day night cameras mechanically remove the IR cut filter at low light to let IR pass.