sds1000

Converting Speco .dvr files

Any suggestions? Speco has viewer software but if you want to copy a recording to a flash drive and the bring it somewhere, say to the authorities, how can they view it in the .dvr format. Any way to convert this to .avi, or .mpg, something that standard media players can use?

This same issue comes up so often on this forum, I think it should have its' own column heading !! One reason I love my Avermedia EB1704. Flash drive in, copy to flash drive, convert to .avi files with software on laptop. Total of about 30 minutes ( sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more) . Write to CDR in format capable of playing on PC. Or....show up at customers' location with my Plextor Hardware Encoder. Output from DVR to input of Plextor, and into USB port of laptop. Save to HD, then write to either DVD or CD, depending on necessity. Again, 30 minutes or so to make CD/DVD. If you look around this forum, you will see that many others have had the same problem, including myself, in the past.

I work for the authorities in the UK so cannot answer for your locality.

However, we prefer that we are simply supplied with the appropriate playback software. It is more secure evidentially and retains original quality as most converters add more compression to an already compressed file.