anchorjoe

Setting Up an on-screen date/time stamp using GV-600 card

I have recently installed a GV-600(8 ) PC card with two cameras. I am preparing to upgrade the system and add 5 more cameras. Everything is working fine and recording normally. The problem I have is I would like to have a date/time stamp showing on-screen for both live and recording viewings. Can someone please walk me through the process of turning this feature on in this system. I have searched everywhere, so I am hoping someone in this group can assist.

Thanks,

To print it on the recorded video.

Click on the Configure icon - Text overlay setting - Tick "print on video file".

Not sure about seeing the time stamp on local live view though.

I just glance up at the time on the top right hand corner of the GUI.

If memory serves, there is a section on it in the 300 page PDF manual on the CD under "Text overlay".

This is outside of a POS setting correct? I have been slowly reading the GeoVision manual and I have not found it yet, so I wanted to make sure before I get to my remote location and actually look at the configure menu..

Sorry for the slow response.

ummmm;

It changed in Version 8.12, so the manual may be out of date :/

Click on the round configure button at bottom right of main GUI.

There's a list of about 30 options:

System configure

Camera / Audio install

Halfway down you will see "text overlay settings"

In here you can set your POS text settings and Time stamp settings.

I think in version 8 it was in two seperate areas.

Thanks for the info. Something else I did find out in my research was that for the text overlay option to be accessible, all camera recording needs to be turned off. This is something that the manual does not tell you, which might have been why I couldn't see it the last time I tried to figure this problem out.

You probably already knew that, so this tid-bit might be for others curious about the same thing.

Thanks again for the feed-back. I will be working on this system on Sunday 10/21, so hopefully everthing will go smoothly...