bobbypatel

Geovision Makes PC Reboot

Hi Everyone,

I'll really appreciate help. Somebody Installed Geovision 800, 16 camera system for me last year. Everything worked fine for one year. But now, my PC keep on rebooting. If I don't run Geovision on PC, looks like it working fine and staying up for long time.

But when I start Multiview.exe, it starts monitoring and stays up before rebooting for may be Half hour or two or five but it makes my PC restart.

This same PC worked fine for one year but now it doesn't work with Geovision.

I discovered I got Asus MB and 512MB RAM and 220 GB Hard Drive with Two Partition. Some times at the time of rebooting it gives me Error "Over clocking Failed"

I scanned for Virus, Opened the case and see CPU and Power supply Fans working. But I don't understand what's going on, may be bug in Geovision makes it do this after one year!

There is a setting in the Geo softwear that will restart the softwear then restart the computer if a camera becomes disconnected.

This function can be turned off. Check the manual.

Im glad the computer works fine with no Geovision running.

BUT.....

Normal computer usage hardly taxes the computer at all.

Try running some CPU and Hard drive intensive app for a few hours. Chances are it will restart over under those circumstances.

More importantly

"Over clocking Failed" points to a BIOS/overheating issue.

Diagnose that first before the geovision card.

Boot your computer, tap F1 or delete to get into the BIOS.

Choose "load defaults" or "load optimal settings" or similar (its different for every bios).

Clean your fans and check there isn't a thick layer of dust between the CPU fan and cooling fins.

Check how hot the hard drives get. It will be crazy hot, but no more than a warm mug of coffee

Check windows event viewer and reslove any errors it shows.

If there's nothing there at the time of the shutdown, that can also point to hardware failure.

Run chkdsk to ensure you dont have bad sectors on your hard drive. I have seen that reboot computers with heavy hard disk usage.

Run some RAM testing app. Preferable something from a bootdisk.

You could also System Restore back to a time the Geovision system was stable. There have been some awful windows updates in the past year.

mmmmm

Try some of that and let us know how its going.

PS.

Whats your native language?

Is this a Asus P4PE2-X board, I have several of those and the "overclocking failed" message is a fairly common occurence after any kind of abnormal reboot.

Doug

Thank You Doug and Photys.

After starting on and off for Quite a few times now. First I let PC cool down And tried again but now PC even don't go to decktop and just XP try to load, I can here startup sound, screen goes blank and again reboot.

So Now look like as "PHOTYS" says may be harddrive got BAD sector or may be BIOS or CPU getting overheated. So some hardware problem but not GEOVISION problem (that I was suspicious about before)

I know little, but I am not much of Hardware guy, So I guess I'll have to see some Comp Tech.

Thank You very much for your help.

No problem.

Any good computer tech will diagnose it in 5 minutes.

Bear in mind, hard drives are €60, Ram is €50, Power supply units are €30, fans are cheap too.

Get a price from the comp tech.

If he knows its a camera system, his prices will double, tell him its a home computer

Thank You everybody.

My Hard Drive was bad and Power supply was bad or may be my power supply was getting overload, was 300W and now I chaged to 450W.

I changed my Hard Drive too. Now everything is working fine and I loaded XP professional.

My DVR card is GV-800 - 16 Channel video and 4 channel audio

But now I am trying to Install Geovision software V6.5 mainsystem, it asks me NTSC or PAL or SECAM. What should I select there and After that it ask me to select resolution 1024 or 800X600?

Thats a very old version of GeoVision software.

But you would select NTSC if you are in North America.

The resolution you choose will have to be the same as your PC's video resolution, that older version of Geo only goes up to 1024x768 so you will need a monitor that supports that as the native resolution. You can run it in 1024x768 even if your Monitor's resolution is 1280x1024, but it will be a smaller window.

Thank You Rory.

The guy installed system for me gave me CD with Version 6.1 and 6.05, I am trying to Install V6.1. Selected NTSC and resolution 800X600.

Now after restarting computer when I start GV800 software it tell me database not initialised. But it then load to main window with 16 camera and video loss beep (It's normal because I haven't connected camera to board as I am just checking system only). But when next time I start MView.exe it start loading and half way window POPs up error "Window encounter to some problem you want to send error report or don't send" what ever you click over there it will make MView.exe to restart and again error at half way again restart and go in to loop!!! So I have to turn off PC and tried again but same loop. So finally I uninstall GV800 SOFTWARE and restarted and installed again first time it loaded right and comeup with 16 camera video loss, but again when I turn it off and on again same thing happening!!!

What can be the problem? may me GV800 card bad or my software CD is Bad OR all because I am not connecting camera (I haven't connected camera yet because right now my computer is away from camera at my buddy's house.

I have already changed harddrive(160 GB maxter), memory (DDR 1GB), power supply(400W) and removed video card because it was getting too hot (now I am using video on MB and it's on 96MB setting, which is more than geovision requirement 32MB).

So now what may be mother board or processor (P4 3.06 GHz) is bad!!!

Please Help!!!!!

Hi

For starters, are you certain it is a legit card?

I am asking as the version is up to 8.12 now, a couple years ago it was at 7.0. If it is a clone (pirate card & software cracked) we can't discuss it in the forums for legal reasons.

The error can be so many different things, if it is a clone card then it is a driver problem more than likely, as it would be using modified driver files.

If it is a legit card:

You say you have been running it for a year already, same PC but new HDD and PSU?

Did you reformat and install XP clean?

Did the card have 6.1 loaded and working before?

Could be bad motherboard also.

Could be bad Card.

If it was not on a voltage regulator, and you had problems with the other hardware, it could have got hit and could be either the card or the motherboard also; eg. Could be a bad PCI slot, perhaps try it in another PCI slot.

If certain skin files are missing or corrupt, it will also give you an error like what you mentioned.

I doubt it is a bad Processor though, that would be the last thing I would ever check.

Also, take a look at the Capacitors in the motherboard and make sure they are okay, bad Capacitors will cause all kinds of errors, mostly random shut downs though.

Rory

Bobby,

Just a quick thought...Does your friend have a computer you could temporarily install your Geo Card in (and install software) just to make sure the problem is not in your computer? If everything works it your computer!

Just a quick thought...Does your friend have a computer you could temporarily install your Geo Card in (and install software) just to make sure the problem is not in your computer? If everything works it your computer!"

Thanks JIM, After trying everything that's the thing we goona try, but we'll be able to do that on monday. And if it will work I'll buy new system instead of keep on fixing all parts in Old one.

And RORY thank you for your quick responce everytime. Here's where I stand.

For starters, are you certain it is a legit card?

Yes bro, that's what I suspect too, but Big question is how can I find out for sure it's legit or not?

One guy(almost 200 miles away from my town) installed whole system(Including cameras and Labor) for me and charged me about 3900.00 US$, and that time I was real real DUMB about these security camera thing. Now after almost 14 month I am learning it because I having problem now and my warranty period expires after one year.

But still I am thinking if card not Legit, I'll drive to his shop and will try to get my money back.

I am asking as the version is up to 8.12 now, a couple years ago it was at 7.0. If it is a clone (pirate card & software cracked) we can't discuss it in the forums for legal reasons.

as I said, after having learning this, I suspect it too. but how can we know for sure it's not legit? Board got serial # and it says geovision!!

The error can be so many different things, if it is a clone card then it is a driver problem more than likely, as it would be using modified driver files.

So best thing we goona do as JIM says to put board in another system, this might let me find out card is good or bad now after working for 14 months. But still Legit or Not?? is question.

If it is a legit card:

You say you have been running it for a year already, same PC but new HDD and PSU?

yes.

Did you reformat and install XP clean?

yes XP proffessional with SP2.

Did the card have 6.1 loaded and working before?

yes for 14 months.

Could be bad motherboard also.

Could be bad Card.

I hope not, but after putting card in another PC we'll find out more. For this, I rely on somebody else , so may be it will take day or two.

If it was not on a voltage regulator, and you had problems with the other hardware, it could have got hit and could be either the card or the motherboard also; eg. Could be a bad PCI slot, perhaps try it in another PCI slot.

I got APS battery backup power supply with surge protection. I already tried to put Geo card on different PCI.

If certain skin files are missing or corrupt, it will also give you an error like what you mentioned.

I'll be glad if it only this, giving me all trouble. But how can we find out about missing or corrupt files?

I doubt it is a bad Processor though, that would be the last thing I would ever check.

right.

Also, take a look at the Capacitors in the motherboard and make sure they are okay, bad Capacitors will cause all kinds of errors, mostly random shut downs though.

physically they look fine to me.

Thanks to all

Bobby

I'll be glad if it only this, giving me all trouble. But how can we find out about missing or corrupt files?

Looks like your best bet is to try it in another PC.

As for the files, when you reinstall the Geo software it would typically recreate the files. Some versions may not though, if they already exist, I believe. You could delete the ComRes, ComRes1024, etc folders, those are the skin folders. Also, delete all Geo INI files in the Windows Directory, if those are corupt, will also get fatal errors (del c:\windows\geo*.ini).

Then reinstall. Perhaps get a different source for the 6.1 software:

Make sure you are also using the 6.1 hardware drivers.

6.11 Main System:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/Localen6110.zip

6.11 Drivers:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/Driveren6110.zip

Rory

Thank You RORY for Geovision software and Drivers.

I'll try to use this instead of my CD.

But I thought, XP got drivers for geovision 800 hardware and we don't have to load it from CD.

Anyway I'll try this and let you know again.

Thank You,

Bobby.

No, XP has no drivers for Geo cards, need to use the drivers for the same version of the GeoVision main system that is being installed.

Thank You very much all.

After installing Geo card in fresh new system, looks like it's working (RORY I used Geo CD I got, And it worked so I didn't use the software you posted, thank you though). I haven't connected camera to it yet. I am not gonna real excited untill I connect the camera and it runs for week or so.

So now I think there must be problem with MB or Processor in my computer.

I'll give more update later.

Alright, it's three days now and still it's working. So I guess all it was a mother bord or processor.

But still I would like to find out my Geo card is legit or not. Anybody knows the way to find it out?