tech_dog

IR Remote DVR

I'm putting in a residential surveillance system and am trying to choose my DVR. I'm finding the combination of features I want is harder than expected. Here's what I'm after (I think):

1) 8-9 channel

2) 60-120 fps

3) Internet remote access (dynamic IP address)

4) Good feature set, including motion sensing recording

5) Good overall quality

These are all easy, but my last but not least requirement appears to be a killer.

6) IR remote control!

I'm wiring this thing into my home entertainment system, and can do all kinds of cool macros if the unit has an IR remote. The fact that I'm having so much trouble finding this makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

Are there good units out there with IR remotes? Are there accessories that allow you to get IR control via the DVR remote ports? I'm shooting for something in the US$2000-$2500 range.

How do the experienced people here address this type of requirement?

Thanks in advance,

T.

I only have experience in one DVR, but it seems to fit the specs.

Avermedia 1304net

4 channel 120fps CIF

Records in D1 and CIF

Composite and VGA output.

The remote view softwear can view multiple DVR's so in essence it would be like looking at one DVR.

One remote control can operate several dvr's.

Only downside is that if your plugging this unit into a TV, you may have to plug each unit into their own channel.

These guys have a demo:

http://www.baysurveillance.com/

It would come in way under budget, so maybe someone can offer a demo of a better unit?

Edited by Guest

I am only recommending this DVR as it has a mini pin input for IR control.

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_785.htm

You can use the CPCam CPD505 as well.

You will have to decide if it meets your specifications for your application.

The DVR comes with an "eye" that you plug in on the back, and then you place the eye where it can "seen" by the remote control. For IR control you can run wiring from one room where the remote control is located back to where the DVR is located.

For others who read this thread you can use xantech equipment to transfer the IR commands from a remote control in one room, to a DVR located in another room, (or another floor).

http://www.xantech.com/products/ir_products/17294RP.htm

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

I will suggest using CBC DR8NC-250 model... with 250GB of storage, CD burner, Internet ready, Embedded, and with remote control unit to run all your tasks... You can use what VST_Man suggest (which incidentally does work very well)... and pricing starts under $1,000 with 3 years warranty..