Saevus

SKY-104 DVR Card - security key not found

I am looking for help with my DVR card please.

I have the SKY-104 from DVR Systems. After following the installation instructions, I get the message "The security key is not found. If the problem persists, please contact your dealer." and "Can not start DSR application"

I am contacting the e-bay member who sells the cards for advice, but was hoping that someone had come across this before and had the answers.

any advice is appreciated.

thanks,

Saevus

Hello, Saevus!

First, you need to check the Control Panel to see whether the card's drivers are installed correctly;

If yes, then you must contact your dealer to get the software license.

Your supplier needs to send you a special license file. You then replace the existing file in the directory with the password file.

I bought a few of these cards as a sample for potential addition to our import range. I wasn't very impressed , never got one working properly and found that after the first splash screen, you find exactly the same software GUI's as being used by other cards such as the v8008a.

I would be interested in your views on the card if you get it working. If it is a SKY card , contact skybest directly and ask them for the license file -- I think one of the ladies there is Eileen.