mktutt11

? on Linear Home Security System Model CC0055

I have a low end Linear Home Security System Model CC0055, with one camera attached. The camera attaches to the monitor via a single modular RJ type connector. It's my understanding that this is a proprietary system, which will not work with any other cameras. I have several other cameras, and would like to attempt to connect one of them to this system before I buy another one. Is this proprietary system really that proprietary, or is it just a matter of figuring out the pin locals and attaching them to their respective leads for power, audio and video on the camera? If anyone has some experience with this, or can offer some tips and suggestions for figuring it out, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi there, The linear CCTV system sold as KEEPSAFER (consumer division) is sold as a propriertary system. However you can use other cameras with the RJ11E modular connectors from manufactures such as: Exxis, Ultrak, and FOCUS.

To answer your question, yes you can connect other cameras into the monitor if you know your PIN configuration. If you have a VCR cable you can use that in reversal. Plug the VCR cable into a CAM jack and use a RCA TO RCA Female coupler to join another video signal cable (RCA TYPE) however i don't remember which one of the RCA plugs works as a video in. I will test it out for you tommorow on my bench as i have several of these monitors sitting around.