123CCTV

Multiple Minotors showing same fault

Hi

I look after a large Matrix based cctv system which we have just replaced the monitors on (x21). We have now installed LCD monitors and are now experiencing the pictures wobbling from side to side, then all is ok for upto a few hours or sometimes a few minutes before it happens again, and it effects all the monitors at the same time. Another thing is that some may intermitantly loose their signal at different times and this again sweeps across the monitor all though not all at the same time. I first thought that this might be down to a sync issue but am struggeling to find a solution, btw this did not happen on previous monitors wether CRT or LCD. I was wondering wether a ground loop isolator may help between monitior and matrix? but again it does not look like a ground loop problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

I look after a large Matrix based cctv system which we have just replaced the monitors on (x21). We have now installed LCD monitors and are now experiencing the pictures wobbling from side to side, then all is ok for upto a few hours or sometimes a few minutes before it happens again, and it effects all the monitors at the same time. Another thing is that some may intermitantly loose their signal at different times and this again sweeps across the monitor all though not all at the same time. I first thought that this might be down to a sync issue but am struggeling to find a solution, btw this did not happen on previous monitors wether CRT or LCD. I was wondering wether a ground loop isolator may help between monitior and matrix? but again it does not look like a ground loop problem.

Question for you... Was this problem existing before you changed them with LCD monitors?

Hi

Question for you... Was this problem existing before you changed them with LCD monitors?

No its only since changing to these new LCD monitors, however they have been used elsewhere before to good effect

What is the make and the model number of these LCDs? Is this a LCD with both composite video and BNC inputs or just standard LCDs?

We had similar issue with a brand (I will keep it out of our discussion) that did not perform... these were between 19" and 30" LCDs... We end up replacing them with another maker, mainly AGNPRO models and the problems no more..

We did not have the time to figure out the source of the problem, as the manufacturer was not cooperative and we were not going to use our customer site as a experimentation... and instead, they decided to take their LCDs back blaming us that we did not know how to use them... This manufacturer did not want to understand why a different maker LCDs work without any issues... nor cared to address the problems with their LCDs. Oh well, they lost and our customer gained.

What is the make and the model number of these LCDs? Is this a LCD with both composite video and BNC inputs or just standard LCDs?

We had similar issue with a brand (I will keep it out of our discussion) that did not perform... these were between 19" and 30" LCDs... We end up replacing them with another maker, mainly AGNPRO models and the problems no more..

We did not have the time to figure out the source of the problem, as the manufacturer was not cooperative and we were not going to use our customer site as a experimentation... and instead, they decided to take their LCDs back blaming us that we did not know how to use them... This manufacturer did not want to understand why a different maker LCDs work without any issues... nor cared to address the problems with their LCDs. Oh well, they lost and our customer gained.

These are 19" and im sure the fault lays with the LCD being prone to something that the other monitors have not been. The supplier doesnt seem to have an answer wanting to put the blame on the existing system which has functioned perfectly for the last 6 years. The Monitors are Flatvision Pro19" i dont know if these are just local to the UK?

Not familiar with that brand, sorry.. I think it is time for you to change the supplier don't you think?

Bottom line, whatever they supply has to work period! After reading your post, I called my previous supplier of the LCDs that we had similar problems.. and they stated that they found their Chinese manufacturer closed the doors and they now have a different manufacturer that uses better shielded LCD cables, etc.. and that their LCD work well... I will be ordering few of them shortly and see if they did fix it..

As they say, you are as good as your last job... but I like to give manufacturers second chance.. after all, nothing is made in U.S. and chances are their respective plants are trying to sell garbage, if they can get away with it...

Hi

Hello 123CCTV

I know its an old thread, but, anyways,

can't really pinponit the problem, however, if we had to blame the LCD, the LCD main board, which process the analog signal source, might be faulty. suggest take it back to manufacture have them fix it.

good luck~