tsaba

AverMedia 1304 MD Audio Converting???

I have a big problem, with the Avermedia Usb Console software!

After the backup the .dvr file to pc, i wanted convert to .avi the video.

The video is ok, but dont include the audio....

When i playback the .dvr from pc, i hear the audio, and after i convert i dont!!

Anybody know what is the conversion problem???

Thank you the answers.

Anybody idea????

Do you get audio playback when you view the video through the TV out?

Are the menu options set for "Record Audio" = On *AND* "Audio Mute" = Off?

I am about to add a line-level microphone try this using my EB1304MOB. I'll tell you how it goes. My previous mocrophone was bad / didn't work - however the line-out from a CD player worked fine into the Audio input. It played audio back when using the TV out BNC and audio-out RCA connectors - never tried the USB playback console.

I ordered a new microphone and I'm going to install it in the next couple of days.

Yas, i get audio playback when i view the video through the TV out.

The menu options set for "Record Audio" = On *AND* "Audio Mute" = Off!

This is not problem.

USB playback console cant convert audio with .dvr files to .avi files!

I think USB playback console is dont work correctly!!

What do you think??

Yas, i get audio playback when i view the video through the TV out.

The menu options set for "Record Audio" = On *AND* "Audio Mute" = Off!

This is not problem.

USB playback console cant convert audio with .dvr files to .avi files!

I think USB playback console is dont work correctly!!

What do you think??

From what i know, some, in fact quite a number, of dvrs record audio which can only be play back on the console set. After backup, through network, the audio cannot be heard or saved.

AVTech's range of DVR, CPCam's, and some other range of dvr's all like this. So you gotta check.

I installed the microphone on my EB1304-MOB today. It's a 12v self-powered unit that has an RCA plug on it.

On lpayback through the Video-out and Audio-out I coudl hear everything fine. I ued the USB playback console to open the DVR HD, selected the event and had it playback in the software - I can hear audio fine.

Now, I haven't tested backing up the .dvr file then playing it back - I'm gonna do that after I go for a drive later - I'll post the playback later today.

UPDATE: Audio works on the .dvr file playback also, even after being copied to another computer. I did notice that the audio only plays when you have CH1 or QUAD seelcted. If you select CH2,3 or 4 alone then there is no audio.

The microphone audio is VERY loud, to the point of clipping. Everything sounds thunderous. I'm gouing to move the microphone to a location that does not transmit road/engine vibration to it, but also look for a menu option for setting the audio volume (or put a volume control inline with the microphone).

I'm also going to move the 'front ' camera to CH1 becuase that is the one most likely to be viewed fullscreen if accident evidence is needed - I'd need the audio on that channel, otherwise I'd have to export CH1 and CH2 seperately and merge them in video editor software. The driver cam really should be a small PIP - the only detail needed there is "was I paying attention".

Problem: I just noticed that the audio and video are out of synch in the MPG. They're ok in the software, it's just the exported video file that is bad.

Yes thats ok. The audio is playing out the averdigi is good.

The playback from the pc (.dvr) is working!

But after i convert the .dvr to .mpg, or .avi, the audio is off!!!

Please try this!

Yes thats ok. The audio is playing out the averdigi is good.

The playback from the pc (.dvr) is working!

But after i convert the .dvr to .mpg, or .avi, the audio is off!!!

Please try this!

Make sure you are looking at channel 1, or all channels at the same time.

Here is a an example video that was opened from a backup .dvr file and output to an MPG by selecting a small segement and clicking on 'output':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsMiNyORS10

As I said above, I switched the front camera to channel 1 so the sound is recorded with it. The sound is still too loud so I'm going to get an inline rca volume swith from radio shack, or parts to make one.

When you hit play in the USB console there is about a second dely before the sound starts to play - although it plays in synch. I suspect the problem with my sound being out of synch is the software exports the sound and video to two seperate files first then combines them - and the combine process is ignoring the one second of silence and then starting the sound/video at the same time - resulting in a one second offset.

hmmm..

I dont know what i make wrong...

I do the very same what you, and still the no audio!!

Please send me your .dvr file, which is include the audio. I would like to try another DVR recorded file to convert!

Please send me in email!!

tsaba@soprontv.hu

Thank you very much!!

Tsaba, from Hungary

hmmm..

I dont know what i make wrong...

I do the very same what you, and still the no audio!!

Please send me your .dvr file, which is include the audio. I would like to try another DVR recorded file to convert!

Please send me in email!!

tsaba@soprontv.hu

Thank you very much!!

Tsaba, from Hungary

I'll see if I can get a single .dvr file that is not an hour long (therefore 200 Megabytes!) To do that I'll probably have to turn the DVR on for just a few seconds to record, then turn it off, then use the USB playback console to backup that one event. I'll see if I can get to that in the next couple of days.

Thank you very much!

I waiting for your email, with the few second .dvr (video+audio) file!

I wanted to drop my two cents in on the subject.

There are so many variables to recording audio in a moving vehicle.

Moving down the road with window down, and you have lots of background noise.

Same with window rolled up, you will then have lots of background noise that you were never aware of as your mind "tunes" out unwanted background noise.

Quality of the microphone, and of the preamplification circuit to get it to line level of the DVR is going to make a big difference.

For those other than Scruit, and Tsaba, those of you who are just doing this for giggles then any product will do, and any scrounged parts out of bins in your garage will do.

If you need to get this up a notch for better audio recording then you will want to buy a really good microphone. Closer to the $100.00 price range is where you really need to be. You can purchase (new/used/borrowed) a radio shack mixer, or a small DJ mixer. If it had a built in mixer of some sort then this would help.

Now you can manipulate the volume up, and down to get the right sound. You can cut down on the treble to get rid of the tinny sounds, such as horns, birds ect. You may even be able to get rid of some of the engine, or road noise by turning down the bass.

For the next step you will need to install a mixer that cost more than $200.00 This will allow you to taylor every octave to get the right sound. In the mid range you can boost the sounds to better pull out human voices, while getting rid of other distracting noises.

Here is a trick! Use a compressor (bands, and musicians know what I am talking about). A compressor will listen to the noise level, and when some new sound comes booming in, it will actually "turn down the volume" to match the preexisting sound. This is used in night clubs. When one CD/mp3 is ending, and another is getting ready to start the compressor will match the two sources. Some CDs are just louder than others, and others tend to be more quiet then regular sounding CDs. When the DJ grabs the mic the compressor will keep his voice from booming right off the bat, as he screams "do you guys want to party"!! There is also a built in mixer on DJ mixers that will lower the music level while a DJ is talking!

If you watch football on TV then the anouncers quit talking for a second then all of a sudden you can hear the crowd in the stands. This is actually the compressor supressing the audio from the crowd mics while the anouncers are talking. When they stop talking long enough the compressor releases the crowd mics, and there is the crowd coming in loud, and clear!

You really want to go for the gold?? Get a specialty micro phone. It is called a shotgun microphone. It looks for sounds coming from just one direction. Yep you guessed it. You have to point it at what you want to hear. Here is the difference between the cheap ones, and the expensive ones. The expensive ones actually have two microphones. The second microphone is listening to the background noises. There is a cancelation circuit that is listening to the background noises, and it actually takes the background sounds completely away!! All you hear is just the shotgun microphone. If you are just getting the police officer who is standing at your driver window then mount the mic out of the way then point it at the driver window.

Recording sounds is very difficult. Those of you who have turned on a recorder in a busy cafeteria know what I mean. When you play it back you hear every knife scraping a plate, sounds of forks, metal, ceramic, sounds of sneezes, coughs, jibber jabber, and all of the conversations are buried on top of each other, and it sounds like one giant buzz.

Recording birds in the woods is much easier then standing out side of my showroom with simple microphone on a major intersection. I record every horn beep, diesel 4x4 truck, semi tractors, ambulances with sirens, and the woosh of just the cars going by. I am never going to get a coversation in the parking lot across the street. The more you amplify, the more louder everything sounds. Now I can hear the coins ringing in my pocket, (yes it is that sensitive!).

I will need a high end shotgun microphone to do this.

Now buy some software that will allow you to manipulate the audio on a computer to clean it up some!

Have fun! Good luck! Sorry for interupting this thread!

Yes, i get your files, and they work correctly! The sound is good after the conversion. I thinking what is the problem in my .dvr files!

But now i know the converter software is working good.

Thank you very much again!

Tsaba

Yes, i get your files, and they work correctly! The sound is good after the conversion. I thinking what is the problem in my .dvr files!

But now i know the converter software is working good.

Thank you very much again!

Tsaba

I have two different versions of the USB Playback console. One version is experiencing the same problem you are takling about - the USB playback console has audio but the output AVI or MPG doesn't.

The version with no audio is running on Vista (Run As Administrator) and the exe has a 'Modified' date of August 16 2007.

The version with the working audio running on Windows 2000 and has an exe date of January 5 2007.

The 'damage' is done while the file is being downloaded - ie that dvr will will export with no audio from any version if the .dvr file has been downloaded with the 'bad' version. And both versions will output audio if the .dvr was downloaded using the good version

I don't know if the problem is with the OS (vista versus 2000) or exe version date (Aug 16th versus Jan 5th).

Check your exe modified date - I bet it is Aug 16th.

I use this software:

http://www.avermedia.com/EN/default.aspx?TYPE=test.htm&PT=downloadD1&tv_TCAT_POS=0&CATNO0=D&IDX=2.1&CNT=1&CATNO1=D2&UCN=bcb&PID=2323MD

This is the newest USB Playback console, and no audio after convert.

The date is: 2007/08/20

Can you send me your working version in email?

I think not too big file. 1or 2 Mbyte.

I would like to try it!

tsaba@soprontv.hu

Thank you,

I use this software:

http://www.avermedia.com/EN/default.aspx?TYPE=test.htm&PT=downloadD1&tv_TCAT_POS=0&CATNO0=D&IDX=2.1&CNT=1&CATNO1=D2&UCN=bcb&PID=2323MD

This is the newest USB Playback console, and no audio after convert.

The date is: 2007/08/20

Can you send me your working version in email?

I think not too big file. 1or 2 Mbyte.

I would like to try it!

tsaba@soprontv.hu

Thank you,

I think you are using version 5.7.3.0014. I just sent you 5.7.3.0007. It's ~5Mb

EDIT: Your mail server refuses to allow .EXEs. I'll try renaming it to .EX