Lou19

What's the smallest Outdoor PTZ on the market?

What's the smallest Outdoor PTZ on the market? I have an application that requires a small one which will use Sensormatic or Pelco protocol.

Look at Nuvico (I am benching their new MS-Z10 before install, just now running about 22hrs so far so good) and have used another Mini from TBT http://www.tbtcctv.com/ has performed well... branded by a lot of Vendors also a another interesting link: http://www.miniptz.com/product.html Of course there are several small compact IP/network PTZ that can be put in enclosures....I have used some of the full size PTZs from acutvista their early models had problems with firmware but the newer QMD perform well for D/N operation havent used their mini... had issues with their older SSD line but the latest QMD is a marked improvement in D/N operation note that Fan is standard for most outdoor Mini ptzs however some you have add on a heater board

ICRealtime's ICR-100x is a nice mini PTZ with the option to flush mount for drop ceiling, it has a 10x optical lens with 530TVL, WDR, Day/Night and all your groups, patterns and presets. Call them to get a demo on it.

What's the smallest Outdoor PTZ on the market? I have an application that requires a small one which will use Sensormatic or Pelco protocol.

What is your outdoor application? When you are mentioning Sensormatic and Pelco protocols, then what is your head-in hardware?

What is your outdoor application? When you are mentioning Sensormatic and Pelco protocols, then what is your head-in hardware?

This reply has me completely lost, but here it goes -

The outdoor application is to see things externally of the domicile with a camera that is ptz.

I don't understand the term "head-in", except from being with a girl in High School and telling her that was the furthest I would go.

Seriously, what difference does it make?

This reply has me completely lost, but here it goes -

The outdoor application is to see things externally of the domicile with a camera that is ptz.

I don't understand the term "head-in", except from being with a girl in High School and telling her that was the furthest I would go.

Seriously, what difference does it make?

Hey guy, if you are not serious about your questions nor want to understand the basics of the CCTV equipment, then I guess you are on your own...

I do not appreciate your type of sarcasm and I am sure that nobody else in this forum neither, when all we are trying to do is to help you by investing our own time. Just remember that there are members here who are females that I am sure will not take your answer that favorably.. You should refrain yourself on what you write and how you respond to questions!

I am sure my time will be better served on more important topics than to help you!

Camera:

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-374.html

Pan, Tilt,

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-WSCAN_Pan_Tilt_Scanner.html

Controller

http://eclipsecctv.com/PTZ_dome_controllerECL-CN900.html

Will this meet your expectations for smallest PTZ?

The "head-in / head-end" is what is commonly refered to as the brains of a system. It is where the controller is for the cameras, monitors, dvr, etc is.

It wasn't dealer jargon, it is installer jargon. But the point is that he was inquiring into what type of system you currently have. Do you have a Pelco based camera controller, or a American Dynamics / Sensormatic brand camera controller. No point getting a AD camera if all your other cameras and the controller are Pelco.

I enjoyed the game, but I cannot stand the announcers, we miss replays to look at those three stooges. In addition, the camera pans so far back each play. I want to see the football and the action around it, not the Goodyear blimp aspect. Farve’s wife was ok, but save that interview for pre-game. Monday nights are not the same without John Madden and Al Michaels.

Anyway, this system is AD with four outdoor Ultra VIIEs. The Ultra is not going to be small enough for the newest/fifth location. Day/night with color/b&w respectively is preferred, distant street lighting at night.

I use an Intellex 4.1 in combo with a MPLT and an ADCC300. The Intellex communicates with the MPLT and thus three domes are controlled with Sensornet.

The Intellex, through the USB port to RS422 converter, controls one of the domes independently with AD422/EIA422 protocol. This configuration allows remote access to the dome configuration menu through Network Client over the internet or locally, very handy. For some reason, going through the MPLT(Sensornet) and this feature is unavailable from the Intellex.

The Intellex is able to send Pelco protocol - which is prevalent in most generic domes. I understand this new small dome with not be manipulated by MPLT/ADCC300, only the Intellex- no big deal.

Ok, I’ve taken the sodium pentathol and given the information, which may be interesting to some, but would not change the answer to my original question.

Lou, pretty sure ....aside from IP compact ptz you are limited to the TBT which as stated before is sold by some outfits with their brand like Rainbow http://www.rainbowcctv.com/cameras/sd10xdn.html,the mini outdoor Nuvico Ms-Z10, korean products (I use both these cams with Pelco protocol) there some other OEM types sold by retail outfits like supercircuits and other web vendors, most of which are china based imports... and there are some industrial speciality minis, if you happen to be looking at targets externally of the domicile that are nuclear in nature, here.... is one for you: http://www.istcorp.com/documents/MiniPTZ.pdf

is being presented today 1.November 2007 on the CPSE show in Shenzhen, I think it is www.uaichina.com that is presenting it!

JD

didnt see any mention of IRcut .....but interesting all the same, a lot of gear movin from china these days, some good some bad also a lot of junk but interesting all the same. Norway...beautiful country....did some work there back in the 80s....Stavanger oh that ride to Oslo! back in my drinkin days.....rough starts ....good times. anyway Tuesen Takk

didnt see any mention of IRcut .....but interesting all the same, a lot of gear movin from china these days, some good some bad also a lot of junk but interesting all the same. Norway...beautiful country....did some work there back in the 80s....Stavanger oh that ride to Oslo! back in my drinkin days.....rough starts ....good times. anyway Tuesen Takk

Du er velkommen!

Also reccomend www.dynacolor.com.tw if they have the smallest I dont think so, but they do have small ones with 12X optical and IR Cut also vandal on those!

JD

Yes they are new to their PTZ line, think I might check one out , finished up a entry job using the nuvico....good results sized right for the client benched it 24hrs....no problems used the tbt on another.. nice cam performs well had to return for night at the customers res, setting up the DSS, tweaking for a good tight night shot using some external IRs fella likes to watch his cows at night.... I think the Nuvico is about the smallest so far though.... a little bit less than the TBT including the wall mount. Didnt have any issues with fog/condensation with the Nuvico, the tbt gave me a bit of a problem but that was due to cold damp day on install fitted it out in the field had the dome off in the truck radical temp change and it took a awhile for the cam to stabilize after I energized it....do a lot of outdoor cold installs out here and often got the bodys open or domes out so if I am in a hurry to set up I use a heat gun off the truck welder/generator and wave it carefully around the cams so I can make the adjustments.....anyway the fella was lookin for small mini maybe there are more ...seems like the demand is growing every time you turn your head a new product or copy is out there....takk skal du ha for informasjonen god natt

if you are gonna go mini ptz, cost effective stick with the TBT (branded Rainbow and other vendors)just returned from site and the nuvico went south, pic probs and tilt fail on boot worked ok on the bench....24hrs but probs after install will replace with the TBT my other install is working well with that mini. Maybe a bad cam but nevertheless Im not taking any chances trying another......16ft in the air mounted on a 6x6....its gettin cold out here....

Wolf - Thanks for the heads up on the Nuvico. I was just going to try one out for a job. I know they have had reliability problems with other cams in the past. Maybe I'll try the TBT instead.

Lou - The PC police have been alerted. (I though the HS reference was )

Hello VJD, the only downside to the TBT (oem) is the terminal block (uses 2 5pin wire conectors) The Nuvico had a prewire assembly easier to work with and not as fragile, you have to be real careful sneakin the wires through the wall mount after fitting the dome into the inclosure. I fabed up a cable hold down to stop any chance of a wire pull from the backside of my jbox aside from that I found the quality of the unit to be good, the threads and related mechanical surfaces were machined well. You may wanna go with the 24vac versions if you are intergrating with a 24 system, I tried a 12volt version and had some compatability issues even using a altronix VR-1 converter and also tried a true isolated 12volt supply still didnt play well with the 24system, overall good mini ptz for the price and the IRcut works without a hitch, quick smooth transition. The alarm settings worked well(set up to to a PIR sensor located at the entry gate as well to respond to call button on the entry box), I installed it on a site North of me here and the PM temps were in the low teens this week I spoke the client yesterday and he has had zero issues with it so far.