cctv_addicted

What is the highest CCTV camera resolution?

What Camera is the best to take professional Pictures? I'm starting to like taking Pictures, I have a camera of my own but when I get serious with it(taking pictures of Nature and People) my camera is just to basic. I have no Idea where to start to find a camera that is good on macro and long distant shots. Since Im a beginner, Im looking for a digital ranging from $500 and below. Can anyone help?

Ummm, not really... this forum is for security and surveillance video cameras, not consumer still cameras.

I'd recommend sites like http://www.dpreview.com, or http://www.photographycorner.com/

The new breed of high-resolution security cameras with mega-pixel image sensors can supercharge your system’s performance and efficiency, but you’ve got to use the best lenses to get the full benefits

[edit: links removed]

Hi Guys,

Could anybody help me to find european dealers for AVTech products?

Thanks

Sorry i can't help you to find european dealers for AVTech ptoducts. You can still find it to the internet.

I am a new comer. To my understanding, now most of the camera over specify the figures. i.e. playing the figure game to attract customer. Of course it is not good to the market. Talking about the resolution, we better look into what the solution it is using. Say for example Sony SS11, most of the manufactures claim for 420 tvlines. But, if we look into the SONY specification, it only carries not more than 320 lines. Plus, some of the lines have been used and cannot be seen in the monitor. So, 570 tvlines. who could do that?? I am very curious as the solution which is SONY HQ1. Sony could only achieves arround 520 tvlines by using the SVideo output. 540,530,570 is only a joke.

Sony says 520TVL in tech spec for HQ1, manufacturers say 540,550TVL. it is possbile because this is analogue. Sony products also say 540,550TVL.

IT'S NO WONDER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS STRUGGLE WITH THE CONTENT BEING ACQUIRIED FROM A SCENE. MOST OF THE INFORNMATION BEING POSTED HERE IS OBSOLETE AND AT BEST CONSUMER LEVEL.

There's only 1 mfg that is #1 worldwide. Cams handle up to 16 MP's. disk arrays are extremely inexpensive therefore having a multi array cfg of 100 TB's is not uncommon.

Company is: AVIJILON

Wembley removed dozens of cams only to install 1 hidef Avijilon. This permits accurate acquisition, ultimitaly allowing a zoom to id a persons face, emblem on their baseball cap, etc. from a distance of 500 meters. NVR archives with compression, when requiring acquisition - software expands content to full frame content.

I'm a forensic video analyst for a federal law enforcement agency. If there are any questions, you may PM me accordingly.

IT'S NO WONDER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS STRUGGLE WITH THE CONTENT BEING ACQUIRIED FROM A SCENE. MOST OF THE INFORNMATION BEING POSTED HERE IS OBSOLETE AND AT BEST CONSUMER LEVEL.

Well seeing as this thread is from Mon Oct 29, 2007, it is certainly a little out dated. Seeing as a high majority of visitors to this forum, and others like it, are consumers, then yes it is going to be more consumer oriented.

There's only 1 mfg that is #1 worldwide. Cams handle up to 16 MP's. disk arrays are extremely inexpensive therefore having a multi array cfg of 100 TB's is not uncommon.

Thats an IP camera, not a CCTV camera, please read the title of the thread again. The topic is asking for CCTV cameras only. And although in the past year HDD costs have dropped considerably, 100s of TBs are still very expensive. Additionally, the company is actually AVIGILON.

Wembley removed dozens of cams only to install 1 hidef Avijilon. This permits accurate acquisition, ultimitaly allowing a zoom to id a persons face, emblem on their baseball cap, etc. from a distance of 500 meters. NVR archives with compression, when requiring acquisition - software expands content to full frame content.

Thats great, but its useless for retail stores, homes, and night clubs.

HI Guys,

Very interesting opinions in this discussion.

What about new DSP of Sony EFFIO.

They anouced 650TVL in color and 700TVL in B/W

Please visit this site: http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/effiowld/index.html

Sony effio is great DSP. over 650Color TVL plus WDR and it will use different CCD(ICX662XKA, ICX663XKA) of course, some effio modules will have different CCD. effio is one of the most waited products in 2010. i heard from our R&D it has 3 versions and 3rd version will be the best. we are waiting for it with others. even though it is great, must compare each module with effio.

HI Guys,

Sony effio is great DSP. over 650Color TVL plus WDR and it will use different CCD(ICX662XKA, ICX663XKA) of course, some effio modules will have different CCD. effio is one of the most waited products in 2010. i heard from our R&D it has 3 versions and 3rd version will be the best. we are waiting for it with others. even though it is great, must compare each module with effio.

I Just heard Samsung will show SV-5 - 650Color TVL plus WDR. they will show it at IFSEC show. it is time for us to be busy.... which one will be a winner in a market Effio or SV-5?

HI Guys,

Such kind of "650TVL" grade camera use different CCD with a horizontal resolution of 976 pixel (comparing the 480 TVL grade camera use the CCD with a horizontal resolution of 752 pixel).

I am just curious about how to grab the analog signal to computer? these manufacturers will develop special chip (or chip set) to update the whole DVR industry?

And actually, SONY/Panasonic HAVE TO upgrade their spec, because, more and more Chinese supplier start to sell the "550TVL" camera in the market with a ridiculously cheap price.

I'm a forensic video analyst for a federal law enforcement agency. If there are any questions, you may PM me accordingly.

Really great!

So for my home i can just buy this system for <3000usd?

Really great!

So for my home i can just buy this system for <3000usd?

3000USD is just enough to buy a 16MP CCD sensor

Kodak's older 11MP sensor cost 1800USD. I don't know the exact price of the 16MP model, it should be more expensive than 11MP model.

Such kind of "650TVL" grade camera use different CCD with a horizontal resolution of 976 pixel (comparing the 480 TVL grade camera use the CCD with a horizontal resolution of 752 pixel).

I am just curious about how to grab the analog signal to computer? these manufacturers will develop special chip (or chip set) to update the whole DVR industry?

I also think that there are not analog cameras with resolution over 540TVL.All other is marketing tricks.

Could you tell me what is the easiest way to covert pixels in TVL.

Thanks

I also think that there are not analog cameras with resolution over 540TVL.All other is marketing tricks.

Thanks

Depends on the definition or testing method of "TVL". if TVL means the resolution @MTF=50% ( means you can still get 50% contrast at this resolution). I don't think people can grab a 768x576 or 720x576 colour image with 500TVL to computer from any kind of analog camera through composite signal.

Thanks

Yeah now they have 600TVL color cameras, I used one the other day but it doesnt even look as clear as some 480TVL ones i have, and it even has the same Image Pixels of 811x508. Like mentioned its more marketing then anything.

Keep going.... Sentryscope 21 Megapixel http://www.sentryscope.com/index.html

Or, if you have a little bigger wallet... 1.8 Gigapixel... http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/02/gigapixel-flyin/

Hmmmm, 500 posts, time to warn everybody about wearing a body harness too loose... http://www.usedtowers.com/FROMS/Loose_fitting_harness%20%283%29.pdf

CCTV cameras guys, non IP cameras ..

err megapixel .. no fair