AliB

Comparision to Geovision and Surelabs products

Does anyone have an independant comparison of the features and capabilities of these products. I have read comparisons publish by the manufactures themselves but these are bound to be biased.

Following an earlier thread and comments from DVR_Expert_Australia it seems Geo allow unlimited copies of the software.

With Surelabs if you buy a 4 port card and licence for one PC you can make a second copy on another PC. This means you can simply buy a second raw capture card (no software, hence very cheap) for the second PC and run a second set of 4 cameras. This is great as the business owner can have a 4 camera system at work remotely monitored at home with an additional 4 cameras on the home PC. If Geo can also do this I would like hear other merits of both systems. Or is it simply a pricing issue as Surelabs appear to be lower cost

In this case ...I am incorrect...You can not use generic cards with Geo anymore they now have a new S1 dongle chip and it prevents it, Do not get me started on this subject as this is a massive headache that Geo has now introduced that many dealers of Geo will sonn have to face with massive expense to the distributor but that is another story... my suggestion is to list the features of surelab and I can compare them to Geo

The list of features is very long so I sent it to your email address. What a way to spend a Saturday!