Intel DG965WHMKR Motherboard

Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz FSB

1GB DDR2 667 MHz Memory

18X DVD+-R/RW Combo Drive

Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB SATA Hard Drive

ASUS EAX1650PRO PCIe 1650Pro 256MB

Antec NSK4400 w/ 380W Power Supply

Microsoft Windows XP Home w/ Service Pack 2

Ran into an issue where a camera didn't record all of an incident and one did. Both set to 7 sensitivity. I checked with my GeoVision card distributer but they had no idea.

I'd like to submit the recorded video to this forum. Could someone advise how to do this?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It's probably due to the level of sensitivity on the motion detection. Try setting them to 8 and adjust the pre-record for less frames per second and more frames in total for longer pre-recording time.

yeah, but here's the deal:

Camera catches the car as it comes in but doesn't record it leaving. It would have to leave the way it came in. Another camera caught it coming in & leaving.

Any idea why it would record it one way but not the other?

If you'd like to view the video let me know.

Thanks.

It's in your MD setup...

Was one camera closer? If so the vehicle took up a greater percentage of it's detection area. As such a lower setting will still work, the smaller the object the higher your sensitivity needs to be.

If you are going to use Motion Detection recording, you must test it out fully or you cannot be certain it will work properly. Every camera location can be different. If it is dealing with moving vehicles though, you may want to either put it right up to 9 or put it on continuous record.

If you are going to use Motion Detection recording, you must test it out fully or you cannot be certain it will work properly. Every camera location can be different. If it is dealing with moving vehicles though, you may want to either put it right up to 9 or put it on continuous record.

Here's a couple of pictures that may help explain. The cams are criss/crossed. The "Exterior South" cam got the car coming in but even when the car backed up closer to it to leave, it didn't record the event.

TSA_Cam3.JPG.48402ad54565c103c572385f58b4e27a.JPG

TSA_Cam2.JPG.62dc127bfd2c20371d89c7c71ae9d5d5.JPG

Motion detection is tricky. Basically it uses a grid, and depending on the sensitivity level set for the motion (eg. 7, etc) that will cause the sensitivity to raise/ lower and the number of blocks in that grid used to decrease/increase. So if the car is reversing towards the camera, with a lower motion sensitivity, it will require more blocks for it to cross before detecting motion; higher sensitivity, lower amount of blocks required to be crossed before motion is detected.

For example, I believe Geo uses a 32x32 grid, so they are small blocks. If the grid was 16x16 (larger blocks) then it would require a much larger area for motion to be detected, or the motion sensitivity level would have to be increased even more.