Dodge

Rg 59 Cable

I have just got a roll of RG59 +power cable from a cctv wholesaler got home to find that it is aluminim braded not copper i phoned the dealer he told me that this is what they supply the trade this cable is the siamese

with the power moulded to the side of the RG59 question is is it going to be all right for my set up?

send it back , 95%copper braid, find a reliable source, there are several dealers here on this site that know the difference...

Is there braided copper under the foil? Aluminum foil is not necessarily bad as long as there is additional copper drain wire along with it. Also check if the center conductor is pure copper or copper clad steel (use a magnet). CCTV cable must be pure copper center conductor and at least enough copper in the drain/shield to properly conduct current for the return.

Is it in fact aluminum or tinned copper?

During a recent survey, I stripped back some cable and what appeared to me was aluminum......before asking the electrician to remove it, I found out the product was to spec....in actuality it was tinned copper.

Anyone else seen this?