BWSmith

Install is in closet....What am I giving up?

Home install, DVR server will be in non-accessible area of basement. I will only be able to view over home intranet/internet. Looking at Aver NV7000H.

I am presuming this is a fairly common issue since the video headend(CCTV) feeds are not convenient to my office. What are the compromises I am making? Any tips?

TIA!

If you are in the upper tier income bracket then I would say that is a good idea as you may be a target for theives. If it is difficult to get to then it would be difficult for them to get to it.

If the system has a composite out, then I will run a video cable from the DVR location to another location for a direct monitor feed.

Other than those issues you are good to go. The only variables would be brand, quality, and options available to the DVR that you bought.

The Avermedia 7000H will work great via LAN, so this should work out great (That's how I have my system running at home too). You can control all spects of the system via the remote console software.

Cool. It looked like you could do most everything from the remote console, but I wasn't sure.

I intend to take the video out feed and run in into a modulator for my house-wide TV system. I presume that the software controls whether that feed is a single camera or a multiplexed version of all cameras.

Thanks.