paranoid

Best way forward

Hi all,

I am undecided on which way to go with my new system and wondering what the general opinion will be on the following :

6 - 8 day/night ir cams @ 500 tvl (I know which ones I want).

at least 2 channels audio.

maximum quality recording and playback.

As future proof as possible.

Multi user access.

Possible wireless upgrade in the near future.

So do I go for a dvr or a geo card ?

Cheers

Mick

do you have a budget?

That will determine what DVR you go with. Any DVR will work with a wireless network.

You are in the UK so as far as stand alone probably DM or Baxal. I personally prefer Kalatel Storesafe over any DM, have used both 4 channel versions, though not sure you can get it there, and may cost more than the DM there, while DM cost more here.

Do you prefer clicking a mouse or using a jog dial??

Rory

My budget for the recording device should be no more than £1000, preferably less.

My main question really is which will offer better quality, a standalone dvr or geo card ?

Mick

You'll be lucky to get a 9 ch DM for under £1000 in the UK so you'll need to consider a "budget" DVR. We've supplied the Concept and Concept Pro range for sometime with good results.

Regarding "futureproof" nothing much changes on a DVR so there is nothing to update (assuming hard disks continue to be readily available) On PC based system like Geo or Surelabs if you change or upgrade the PC you may have to upgrade the software although I'm sure Geo and Surelabs will be around for sometime.

Surelabs is more flexible in their licencing for multiple users than Geo.