BigSmoothy

Help me find a decent camera.

Hopefully someone can help me. I have installed some cameras in a daycare. The images in my opinion are terrible. I purchased some bullet cameras ($30-$150) from the internet. I currently view the cameras via the internet. I am unsure if the problems are the cameras or the dvr card, even though I am leaning toward the cameras being the problem. Can someone just point me to a camera under $200 with a decent resolution. Any dealers if you pm me I will give you access to the site so you can see what the cameras look like live and make recomendations. Thanks Here are my specs below.

Dell optiplex gx270

1gb ram

Geovision GV 650

one BW bullet camera from pal_vid_.om

one Color bullet from same source.

once night vision ir from same source.

the specs you provided on the cameras are too general, would need model number of each camera, or more info on it, such as how many lines resolution, lux, etc..

If you bought cheap cameras you've answered your own question!

I would suggest using a box camera with separate auto-iris lens wherever possible One that has impressed me recently is the JVC TK-C925U, a true day/night camera which I found for only US$209. You would have to add the cost of the lens but you are still close to budget.

Hopefully someone can help me. I have installed some cameras in a daycare. The images in my opinion are terrible. I purchased some bullet cameras ($30-$150) from the internet. I currently view the cameras via the internet. I am unsure if the problems are the cameras or the dvr card, even though I am leaning toward the cameras being the problem. Can someone just point me to a camera under $200 with a decent resolution. Any dealers if you pm me I will give you access to the site so you can see what the cameras look like live and make recomendations. Thanks Here are my specs below.

Dell optiplex gx270

1gb ram

Geovision GV 650

one BW bullet camera from pal_vid_.om

one Color bullet from same source.

once night vision ir from same source.

I am not familiar with the cameras above... How many are indoor and how many are outdoor?

First plug the cameras directly into a CCTV Monitor or 13" TV (NOT an LCD), check the image quality, then let us know how it is. Ignore the internet quality, and even the quality through the DVR, for now at least.

If you are viewing it from remote site, it could just be your transmission rate on the DVR settings. Pretty much all of the DVR i have seen have setting usually on network setting to send high to low quality video cross tcp/ip

$150 camera should give you a decent picture