frosted

An ip camera. that duel streams and allows for local storage

subject says it all really. trying to find a ip camera ptz or megapixel (and yes i know mobotix does this lol other ones please ) which can duel stream, one for remote monitoring (with bandwith adjustment) and locally record on a nas for exmaple. one of the key points the recordable footage is actually usable and at least a format you can edit !

Best regards sam

Wouldnt it be dual streaming if streaming to 2 separate PCs, regardless of them being local or remote?

Would the idea be to have 2 separate LAN Ports for 2 separate networks? Otherwise I imagine bandwidth would still be an issue anyway.

Hi Frosted

Avigilon have CCD cameras up to 16 Megapixel and with the new software Platform they are able to store images locally using a lossless compression right up to raw format but transmit images at whatever bandwidth you choose/ have available, for remote monitoring purposes there is very little point in sending more pixels than you have on your monitor!

pm me and I will give you a call

Best regards

Robin

dual streaming if streaming to 2 separate PCs,

as usually when i write and my mind is on many things im not being clear. mobotix cameras do not require a pc. this is what im getting at, so they use either and ftp server or windows share (on a nas box for exmaple) while mainting the video from the cameras. this is why i like them so much. but they seem to be the only product to be doing this effectivly in the market, they allow full frame rate streaming in a useable event driven forum as well as a fully controled 2nd stream for users without messing up the "network local" recorded footage.

robin , its sam burns here sorry i woke you at 8.30 in the morning, just for back from my road trip just for some reason i though u were around that area, no more shreddies for me ! and no need to pm you as im looking forward to seeing you in the next 10 days or so

Most of the good video servers will allow for dual straming to several IP's and the better ones will allow for dual codecs, IE MPEG4 and H264, as for recording, well that can be done anywhere that software exists to recieve the stream, however the smarte options are to record at the actual websercer itself by either using a webserver with inbuilt HDD or flash memory or ISCSI options...the reason you would wan to store locally is so that if you network goes down you still have a recording.

The best video servers that I have seen actually send a heartbeat to the recording software and when the heartbeat stops due to a network failure, then it either stores locally to itself via ISCSI or Flash or HDD, then when the heartbeat comes back the software that normally reecieves the video, requests the missing bits and then downladws what was missing.

software exists to recieve the stream

this is the point im making, mobotix run and internal computer assuch so that the recordings are in a useable format. sony and panasonic ptz put the files in such a useless way. mobotix stored information can be used with their software regardless of storage location. storing information in this manner means no recording device or "NVR" is required to process video streams on the network.

god i hope im making some sence ! lol

best regards sam