rian

What cctv camera lens you usually use?

Hello everyone.

Do you use camera lens from China?If so,what do you think about their quality?

Generally speaking,which types of camera lens you would use?

Thank in advance for any reply.

Rian

Mostly Computar and a few Pelco. Pretty much all are varifocal - 1.6-3.4 or 1.8-3.6 for wide shots; 2.8-10 or 2.8-12 for medium shots and 5-50 for long shots. A few oddballs thrown in for good measure (3.5-8, 5-40, etc.).

We prefer glass, not plastic elements and metal, not plastic mechanisms.

There are some manufacturers from China that bring lenses into U.S... With them, it always is a hit or miss.. Price is very cheap of course.. and they qualify to be part of lowest cost CCTV products that are available in the market.. (how else can you have a camera and lens combination below $50.00??).

Besides Computar, we also use Tokina, which is a Japanese manufacturer, all glass and metal and very little plastic in the construction of their lenses.

Regardless which lens you choose, they will have some sort of plastic part in their design (can never have all glass and metal).

There are some manufacturers from China that bring lenses into U.S... With them, it always is a hit or miss.. Price is very cheap of course.. and they qualify to be part of lowest cost CCTV products that are available in the market.. (how else can you have a camera and lens combination below $50.00??).

Besides Computar, we also use Tokina, which is a Japanese manufacturer, all glass and metal and very little plastic in the construction of their lenses.

Regardless which lens you choose, they will have some sort of plastic part in their design (can never have all glass and metal).

Factly speaking,now most of the cctv lens made in China are made with glass lens and metal mechanisms,not plastic one.At the least we don't.

YOU can notice the lower quality difference between the "cheap" ones from china and a

Computar or Fujinon, - I have a COMPUTAR sticker on the back of my van says something 4 sure, why use a cheap lense on a dear camera?

Are we talking Apsherical...

why use a cheap lense on a dear camera?

Be like using cheap oil $ 20 drum with a $ 100 filter.. NO POINT...

As I said before, stick with brand name lens and you have nothing to worry about... make sure you selection is for your application - for day/night camera, go with day/nigh IR corrected lens, so you can harness the best results possible from whichever camera that you want to use.

I have seen people buying expensive cameras, like Panasonic CP484, then use unknown brand lens and then complain why the picture quality is not good... and the vice versa will not work either. well, you always have to match lens with the camera... quality with quality...

There are few names that were used here and they all all are great.. Some other manufacturers use OEM version of these same producers.

Bottom line... Best lenses go with best quality cameras... and the cheapo goes with cheapo.. and it does not take a brain surgeon to figure this one out...

Fujinon here as well. So far they have had a lens for any application I have worked on.

There are few names that were used here and they all all are great.. Some other manufacturers use OEM version of these same producers.

Seems the way these days for everyone in China (schenzen) is to call it OEM,

ummmm,

cheap I would say, I have heard of OEM geovision, its just a fake.

Yeah my main CCTV supplier sells

Computar and Tamron,

I have used Tamron on some high end samsung cams and they are good