topspin

Avermedia NV5000 Remote Viewing Problem

I just installed a Avermedia NV5000 for a friend. It works fine so far. There is just 1 camera connected. I'm trying to setup remote viewing and it just doesn't work.

In the Network setup menu, it detected the local ip of the computer system and it put a default value of '5550' for 'Remote Console Port'.

'Remote Control Server' is enabled; and it is running. The default port here is '5555'. Now this is where I'm confused. Why are there 2 ports?

In any case, I went into the router firewall settings and fowarded ports 5550 to 5555 onto the server ip. Now on page 80 of the manual, it says that all I need to do is access the server and it should prompt me to install a software (WebcamX.cab).

I enter the 'remote ip:5550' in my browser from home and it doesn't connect. I tried 'remote ip:5555' and still nothing. I made sure the ip was right by checking the actual physical ip of the remote modem (www.whatismyip.org). I even tried with a dyndns address. Nothing works.

What am I missing here?

I just installed a Avermedia NV5000 for a friend. It works fine so far. There is just 1 camera connected. I'm trying to setup remote viewing and it just doesn't work.

In the Network setup menu, it detected the local ip of the computer system and it put a default value of '5550' for 'Remote Console Port'.

'Remote Control Server' is enabled; and it is running. The default port here is '5555'. Now this is where I'm confused. Why are there 2 ports?

In any case, I went into the router firewall settings and fowarded ports 5550 to 5555 onto the server ip. Now on page 80 of the manual, it says that all I need to do is access the server and it should prompt me to install a software (WebcamX.cab).

I enter the 'remote ip:5550' in my browser from home and it doesn't connect. I tried 'remote ip:5555' and still nothing. I made sure the ip was right by checking the actual physical ip of the remote modem (www.whatismyip.org). I even tried with a dyndns address. Nothing works.

What am I missing here?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same case

look at your main screen you have 5 buttons

make sure that "NETWORK " button is pressed

that all

Port 80 is for Web view - If you want to view your DVR from browser then only open/forward port 80.

Port 5550 is used for CM software and remote console: 1. CM comes on the CD which allows you to watch 16 DVRs from one central location great software. 2. Remote Console is something you can be downloaded from one of the icon once you connect via web view: Remote console app allows you to connect to single DVR without using a browser.

Port 5555 is more for remote control which lets you take over the control for your DVR like PC Anywhere or VNC. Remote control is one of the feature/icon under CM software.

If you are not planning on using CM/Remote console/remote control then you don't have to forward port: 5550/5555

If you want to use DDNS I would recommend you use the one that AVer provides for free for charge. If you are planning useing DDNS then I would recommend that you download the newest version 7.1.0.0057j from www.AVerMedia-DVR.com which also works with Vista.

Thank you for the reply. Clicking on 'network' did the trick and it now works. I type my dyndns:5550 and it asked me to install webcamx.

I did click on remote console and it downloaded the software on my pc. But I don't see the video with it; I just see a blue screen. I see video just fine if i'm just watching with webcamx though.

I had an issue with losing video and just seeing a blue screen on the server pc yesterday. I rebooted that pc and it worked again.

I can't find a phone number for Avermedia. I would like to talk to their tech support to iron out a few issues. Anyone know the number?

Remote Console: once you see the remote console screen you have to click on network to start the video transmission... If you are getting a blue screen then make sure you you are using the recommended hardware (ex.don't use on board video and make sure your video card has min. of 64 ram 128 is recommended, make sure your windows is updated, etc.) As of now there are no bugs with the software (7.1.0.0057j which you can download from www.AVerMedia-DVR.com) and hardware and if you are using the proper hardware you shouldn't have any problem.

I suggest you first call the company you purchase the DVR card from and if they are not able to help then call AVer. AVer USA tech support # is: 408-942-2121.

I got everything working for now.

Note: I installed the latest version off the Aver website right away instead of installing the version on the cd.

The blue screen was fixed by boosting the 'hardware acceleration' setting in my video setup.

I am glad that you were able to get that problem fixed.

HI I HAVE THE SAME SOFTWARE AND REQUIREMENT BUT I CANT SEEM TO FOLLOW ANY OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS

I MUST BE THICK AS IT SEEMS COMPLICATED

CAN YOU TELL ME STEP BY STEP FOR SOME ONE WHO AINT A COMPUTER GEEK WHAT TO DO TO ACCES MY CAMERAS FROM ANY BROWSER ON ANY PC

PLEASE