CCTV_new

Help on PTZ control with Up-the-Coax solution

Hi,

I'm new in the forum & also in the CCTV world. Then please be patient with my questions...

Actually I have a Geovision GV-800-4 system running over RG59.

I would like to replace one the current cams by a new Panasonic WV-CP484 cam plus a Fujinon 2.7-13.5mm YV5x2.7R4B-SA2L lens, and I would like to provide to this cam PTZ control using any up-the-coax solution because there's no chance for more wiring, excepting the existing ones, due to the conduits for cabling are at full.

Initially I found information for a possible solution based on Pelco MPT9000CZ transmitter plus Pelco ERD2000 receiver, but

I have some doubts & I am a bit confussed.

My questions are:

- Is correct this one solution ?

- If so, I will need obligatorily a Pan and Tilt head from Pelco, or I have more choices ?. Any suggestion ?

- The 5x zoom & the focus of the Fujinon lens they could be managed from the Pelco MPT9000CZ controller ?

- Do you know if it could have some problems or special requirements from the Geovision side ?

- Will be automatically visible this cam for Geovision, or I must to add it in a different way than usually ?

Thanks for helping

I think an easier way to do it is:

1. GV outputs Pelco P or D protocol

2. Pelco CM9760-CXTA converts Pelco P or D to Pelco Coaxitron

3. Use Pelco Legacy Series PTZ with Inegral Receiver that is Coaxitron compatible.

GV w/ Pelco P Output --> CM9760-CXTA --> Coax --> Pelco Legacy PTZ

Doing it this way will allow you to control the PTZ with the GV System.

Hi Joebo,

Your solution looks fine & very professional, but unfortunatelly it is too expensive for my budget.

The cost for the Pelco Legacy PTZ plus CM9760-CXTA it is around 8 times

the cost for the cam.. (:-

I guess I must forget this issue.

Anyway many thanks for your help !

Hi cctv_down_under,

Initially your solution looks excellent, but, until I have been able to find & to understand from the Bosch documentation, the Bilinx VP-CFGSFT software program is able to control via up-the-coax few of the Bosch cams (i.e Dixion LTC 0620 & LTC 0495 series), but Pan & Tilt heads cannot be controlled via Bilinx.

It seems they need to be managed by the Allegiant series of receiver/drivers, and they are not able to receive Bilinx communications.

It is right ?

All the latest Bosch PTZ cameras (not sure about PTZ tilt heads and drive motors though) can be controlled via Bilinx, this is also inbuilt into the Bosch DVR's.

You can use the Bilinx to set up PTZ tours etc and to control them.

Yes, you are right, Bilinx is working on all the new Bosch cameras

& DVR's, but not for the PTZ heads/motors.... It should be performed

using Allegiant series of receiver/drivers, and by the way they are not able to receive Bilinx communications.

It is clearly explained in the Boschsecurity website : PDF/Bilinx_Technology_FAQs.doc

Then, I guess that I have two choices only:

To increase my budget or to change to any domo cam instead Panasonic WV-CP484