kdberg

Where's The Image Streaks Coming From?

Have a DM DS2+ with 6 cameras. The first two cameras were Kalatel covert PIR motion detector cameras. Camera 2 started showing rain like streaks in the image, often so severe as to completely overshadow any detail. I replaced this PIR camera with a cheap bullet camera and the problem went away. Soon after a similar problem occured on PIR camera number 1, though not as severe. The image looks like:

6985_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/kdberg/Camera_Rain.jpg

Any suggestions?

that type of streak has in the past for me been a problem with the cameras power board. If you plug the camera direct into a monitor eliminating the DVR do they go away?

If you still get the bad image direct into a monitor then the camera is probably bad, camera power board may be bad.

Which Kalatel PIR is it by the way? Ive used them in the past without any issues, but there are 2 types.

Rory

This is the camera in the functional PIR.

I had 5 of them just recently and had no issues with them, though i have had silimar issues a couple years back with another type of Kalatel camera, the Ceiling Wedge BW High Res, had to send them back. They had bad Power Boards. This was before GE bought them out, but still. I had lines similar to that. Ofcourse could be connections and other power issues also.

Email or call GE video support, they will be better able to answer this question as its their product, they have a direct email for the US, so you can attach the image.

I submitted a support request to GE as suggested. I find it wierd that the problem occurred on one of the PIR cameras and then moved to the other when the first was replaced with a bullet cam. Will let folks know how this turns out.

I submitted a support request to GE as suggested. I find it wierd that the problem occurred on one of the PIR cameras and then moved to the other when the first was replaced with a bullet cam. Will let folks know how this turns out.

If you still have the bullet cam, can you replace each of them one at a time and see what each image does?

ROry

kdberg,

I was trying to remember where I'd seen something similar in the past.

This is going to sound a bit nuts; as far as I recall, some of the early 2/3" Interline Transfer CCD's suffered something not disimilar from this, which was I believe increased 'on chip' noise, resulting from the camera being operated at a higher than normal temperature.

Maybe just a coincidence, but it certainly looks familier.