dwatt

No PTZ Control of Cameras

Hello,

I have an Netpromax FX DVR with two Pelco Spectra III PTZs connected to it, and for some reason, I have no PTZ control. I am using the Pelco-D protocol, and all of the baud rates, stop bit settings, etc are the same for each piece of equipment.

Any ideas?

if you have any spare controllers laying around check and see if you can move the ptz with that... most are just simple dip switches which will leave no room for error. if you have communication with the ptz then you know its your dvr that is improperly configured or that your com port is down. if you have no controll check your wire connections and your ptz dip settings and if that doesnt work you may have a rma ptz. hopefully that helps.

-Devin

Another issue I have seen with some PTZ's is the address setting. I am not too familiar with the DVR you are using, but I have see addressing issues before on other setups I have done. In my case, the camera was configured to address 1, but the control needed to be setup for one less than that to work (i.e. camera at address 1, controller at address 0) for the specific camera.

So, if you have the camera's configured to use address 1 and 2, you might try configuring your controller to use addresses 0 and 1 and see what that does. Just a thought..

couple of suggestions:

1. Are the PTZ camera's ID setup at the individual cameras?

If for example the camera input into the DVR is on channel 3 is the dome

ID setup as adress #3

2. Are they wired in in series or parallel with EOLR (end of line resistor)

installed to increase the signal strength?