Does anyone know is there any IEEE standard for IP camera video survillance? Some one mentioned to me a IEEE standard called H.324, I research on the web and found that is primarily for video conferencing.

Thank you for the information, but that is not exactly the information I want to know. What I am looking for is some international standard for the upper layer protocal. Or may be such a thing actually doesn't exist.

Does anyone know is there any IEEE standard for IP camera video survillance? Some one mentioned to me a IEEE standard called H.324, I research on the web and found that is primarily for video conferencing.

Is that wireless IP Camera? I heard somebody call that IEEE standard.

IEEE standards are the institute of electrical and electronic engineers so they are aimed at electronic engineering protocols not at products. So you are unlikely to get an IEEE standard for video surveillance. The Video surveillance industry is already covered by many IEEE and other standards.

For instance there are several hundred IEEE standards for LAN (IEEE802), then a handful for wireless IP(IEEE802.11). SCSI has many IEEE standard of which 1394 is an off-chute (firewire). POE now has an IEEE standard 802.3af. (part of the Ethernet standard)

RS232 are standard set by the Electronics Industries Association (EIA)

Issues like pixels density or frames per second could be video standards so you would look at VESA for standards. Video Electronics Standards Association.

Database standards are really set by the vendor and the end user. MS, Oracle, Ingress etc. However there are groups of vendors or users setting standards etc. SQL, Java,

Then some vendors in the industry will adopt other vendors standards. Pelco compatible PTZ's etc

Management and support of the whole system should be covered by the ITIL standard.

IEEE standards are for the compression of like MPEG4, MJPEG and such. I think what you are looking for is the IEEE standard for TCP/IP control in the Ethernet. I am sure its out there but I dont have a link. Sorry