scorpion

AVS / Uriel Systems Website Hacked!!

http://avssys.net/

http://avssys.net/?s=product&sub=camera&cat=ir&p=vnd49ir

Avs / Uriel Systems website has been hacked as on Jan 1 2008!

What kind of attack is this? Anyone know?

safe mode!.?

that not work with me

this site has been hacked by(:

.:::::Z3RO_( )nE:::::.

don,t tray play with me

===============================

!@#%$#^%&^%*&^(*&)(_))+@#%&*&(_+_

==========================

note:

this index take more time from u site

f**k u site and f**k u security

see u . . . . . . . !

==========================================

===========================

Z3rO_( )nE

That Page gust awarning

next time there not page to

warning u

good by...ali_007_ila@H0TmAiL.c0m

lame and very basic ..

they are located in a country which doesnt follow laws and order and hence they do things that any lamer can do .. they think they are cool but they are really jokers.

Something to do with this site:

www.almobd3en.net

If the hacker is such a lame, then what was the website's weakness that left them open to this attack?

I am curious as I would not want this to happen to my website. I have no control over the security of my site.

Crappy server and code probably .. I wouldnt worry too much about it, besides if you check your site every so often nothing a simple upload wont fix.

Like I said, anyone can do what they did, and more, BUT we dont, cause its wrong, and it is illegal. They dont care about law though.

You are hosted with Microsoft?

Anyway, they seem to be using an Open Source Server and OS, they get hacked alot. The following is what the hacked website is using:

http://www.debian.org/

http://httpd.apache.org/

Edited by Guest

If the hacker is such a lame, then what was the website's weakness that left them open to this attack?

Thats right

prob run off a windows machine or a novice with no security...

LINUX is the only way to go

apache is your best bet,

There are many flavours of linux now

unbunto

linuxmint

very easy

Security is the key on the net and not using windows ))

Thats right

prob run off a windows machine or a novice with no security...

LINUX is the only way to go

apache is your best bet,

There are many flavours of linux now

unbunto

linuxmint

very easy

Security is the key on the net and not using windows ))

LOL .. thats what server the hacked website is using, Apache Open Source and Linux Open Source OS (Debian) .. not that secure obviously .. should be using a Windows server like my Sites do.

When one gives out the source code obviously others will have that code also ... LOL

I think you'll find that a windows server is less secure then a linux one

Tried ubunto with admin password on a windows machine

Login

hello

No password required

trust me

Must have been a flaw for sure

Im running the same config custom gentoo config, YOU WONT GET IN.

The code is open source anyone can have it, Someones cracked his Pw or backdoored in, Prob ex employee I BET...

Planted a backdoor or a trojan in a windows machine

WHY do govs and most telcos run linux as their platform, whole networks run on linux clusters and clusters of servers

Dell will be releasing Linux distro soon on laptops

Linux being more secure than Windows is just a myth, trust me.

The Windows users that believe that dont know how to setup Windows properly is all. There is another Myth too, its called Mac.

That "hacker" btw is from a well known group in the middle east that do this all the time to Linux servers, even more specifically sites with Php applications.

I can promise you, nobody can get into my Windows PC, either.

As to government, dont know what government that is (most I know of run Windows), but whichever one it is, they are more than likely just trying to save some money.

Cough .. Dell?

Heres some gosh

Mainframe operating systems, which have been perfected over decades, have very few security flaws. Security problems on mainframes tend to be caused by administrators" errors. Likewise, Unix, which has been popular since the 1970s, has also had most of its bugs shaken out.

Thing is its like everything

Man made, man can defeat it

Plus hackers are just scum

Gutless got to hide behind a pc

MY opinion anyways

Well Im not much into hackers either

Like I mentioned before though, these hackers, if they can be called that, are in a part of the world where there really is no law and order anyway, at least not as we know it, so they dont care.

FreeBSD for anyone?? Considering the fact that most known websites (Yahoo being one of them) work with this platform, which has proven to be more secure and easier to adopt...

FreeBSD for anyone?? Considering the fact that most known websites (Yahoo being one of them) work with this platform, which has proven to be more secure and easier to adopt...

Whatever they use, they need to do something, at least re-upload the site.

PS. Im going to save that "rocking" javascript code though, that is pretty cool, even though im certain they didn't write it.

Rory, what is not important is the platform... Depending how your manage your platform, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and few others, they all will work with your "application" software, which is what has been compromised according what I read so far.

You can have the best of the best platform, but it does not mean that the application running on it will have the same bullet proof environment.. Many applications that you use to create websites are fairly good and some are extremely good.. but then again, it all depends how you write the code or manipulate it to your advantage...

You can never have two software engineers agreeing on the same approach in writing and running applications..

Mainframe operating systems, which have been perfected over decades, have very few security flaws. Security problems on mainframes tend to be "caused by administrators" errors. Likewise, Unix, which has been popular since the 1970s, has also had most of its bugs shaken out.

Thats what I said

It comes down to management and updates, security is also a key here,

Otherwise anyone could just hack every site everywhere windows or linux,

Up to date OS will be hard to defeat - along with efficient management, maybe they had a guy who had no idea and left loop holes- (sounds like it if they are constantly hacked) and they know it, generallyy a hacker or hackers will attempt more attacks on a known defenseless site,

I no I once left a port open on my router and had VNC running which had a vulnerability- and opps I got hammered, NOW I run a hardware firewall in front of my network.

Rory, what is not important is the platform... Depending how your manage your platform, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and few others, they all will work with your "application" software, which is what has been compromised according what I read so far.

You can have the best of the best platform, but it does not mean that the application running on it will have the same bullet proof environment.. Many applications that you use to create websites are fairly good and some are extremely good.. but then again, it all depends how you write the code or manipulate it to your advantage...

You can never have two software engineers agreeing on the same approach in writing and running applications..

Huh?

Rory, cmon bud... you know what I am referring to... or is it the New Year spirit that still is around??

Regardless which OS platform you use and how secure it may be (in my view, the FreeBSD is the best), it depends on what software you used to create your website anyway...

Rory, cmon bud... you know what I am referring to... or is it the New Year spirit that still is around??

Regardless which OS platform you use and how secure it may be (in my view, the FreeBSD is the best), it depends on what software you used to create your website anyway...

Notepad?

It depends on the Server being used. The web pages have nothing to do with the actual Server Security.

Edit. ok sure there are some scripting engines etc that allow certain SQL injects etc .. well yeah but that cant do a whole lot. I have no idea about Apache and Php so dont know what they are capable of, but they cant do anything with my stuff, nothing substantial, without logging in.

Obviously if they get the username and password its all over.

Linux with Php sites are the most common sites being defaced these days .. open source, might as well just give them the key to the front door.