so whats a good DVR your recommend for home security with 4 camera and are able to show all 4 camera together?

Netvision NV4004HC will match your requirements. It's price is relatively high due to H.264 hardware compresson, but you'll be happy with it!

Netvision NV4004HC will match your requirements. It's price is relatively high due to H.264 hardware compresson, but you'll be happy with it!

But is it being sold in the US?

$50 you might want to check Chinese DVR cards.

If you can raise your budget a little higher, you can get a lot of compact products with extraordinary performance.

Look up for NUUO

$50 you might want to check Chinese DVR cards.

If you can raise your budget a little higher, you can get a lot of compact products with extraordinary performance.

Look up for NUUO

Seems you are not happy with Chinese DVR cards.

Then NUUO is from?

Hey!

NUUO is 100% R&D and made in Taiwan.

No offense to your company. There are just too many pirate and fake cards in China. Some Chinese cards offers super low price. And drags the quality and the market down togather.

I believe you are not one of them.

Hi

How about GeoVision GV-600-4?

On pricewatch it's listing for 99 bucks shipped, and you can run 4 cameras color or B&W

Is this a decent card? I also am looking for a better card, well one that installs and works!

Thanks!

at $50.00 it doesn't seem that you're looking to protect mission critical systems.

if you just want to observe and playback and are not looking at sophisticated options then some chinese cards may work. The problem with chinese cards is they usually find it easy to copy the hardware, but really battle with the software ......

For low budget systems we have used the wave-p cards successfully, I believe they have a US distributor as well. One problem they have is that they don't do thourough software testing before release and upgrading to the latest software can break the system.

If you get a software version that works, stick with it.....don't be too eager to upgrade.

Another common problem related to this type of request is that it usually comes from a source which also has a budget PC, something along the lines of a via chipset, amd, etc...and these usually cause all sorts of problems with proper DVR cards.

so how about a $80 budget for a DVR card. 4 camera and able to show all 4 of them on screen.? what you recommend?

look up for NUUO SCB-1004 a good quality 4ch card. MPEG4 compression. Strong management software, competible with milestone.

100% made in TW.

To be realistic expect to pay in the $150-250 range retail for a decent 4 channel card, even in the budget range.

Someone else mentioned price watch but those sites also include online stores selling pirate cards as well as dealer priced sites (which are bad for the industry).

Ok so there is GeoVision, Avermedia, .... NetVision and Nuuo Manufacturer Reps are in this thread but honestly I have never seen their products on a retail online site, though they both look impressive. There are others though honestly the most budget I personally go is the GeoVision GV250.

Hi

How about GeoVision GV-600-4?

On pricewatch it's listing for 99 bucks shipped, and you can run 4 cameras color or B&W

Is this a decent card? I also am looking for a better card, well one that installs and works!

Thanks!

Thats gotta be a clone.

so how about a $80 budget for a DVR card. 4 camera and able to show all 4 of them on screen.? what you recommend?

Go with Geovision's GV-250 or Avermedia's NV3000 readily available and cheap however not crazy cheap like you guys have been talking.