lnejmpr

Hello from Mike in Maine USA

Hi

I found your group in a google search trying to get my card running. I need help, and I apologize for jumping into your group needing advise big time.

I bought a 4 channel dvr card for running some basic cctv on my property in Maine.

I only have one camera running video and audio atm, but I did buy this card "Sabrent SC-PVS1" from PCTek online. It is on a pci slot in my pc, and it just doesnt seem to be able to run the cctv/dvr software the sent with it - I think its wsdsr and some remote 2000 stuff.

I haven't had any luck on installing it to my pc at this point. I know the video and audio from my camera works because I have it running into a tv at the moment.

My pc stats is Dell XPS 410 Intel Dou 2.13 cpu, gs7900 pcie card 4gig ram and 250gig hard drive. I am running WinXP on it, and thanks in advance for any help.

Mike in ME

According to the website and what you have the computer is more than capable of running this system, check to see if the card was installed and the capture card drivers are loaded. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Rick!

The software is just a little weird/shady imho

The video in to the card is BNC and I threw on a bnc to rca adaptor, which I believe should work.

I'm going to go back and try installing it as hardware and use the disk for drivers, and maybe something will click.

Do you by chance know of any software in which the install and operation would go smoother?

Thanks in advance

Mike in ME

Not much into doing the card installs, usually do standalone dvrs, so I have no opinion on the different cards and software. The RCA-BNC adapters usually work good, better with RG-59 with BNC. Hope this helps.

Check with the manufacture if they have any special Motherboard requirements. Some manufactures don't work with chipsets other then intel (not your CPU, the actually chipset on the motherboard).

If you have a second system, try it on that and see if it works.

Your RCA-BNC won't be a problem.

If all else fails take a look at:

www.geovision.com

www.video-insight.com

ww.exacq.com

www.luxriot.com

www.aver.com/security.html

And pick a new card & software . If you invested a good amount of money into the computer, invest some money into a decent card. For $41.50 you can't expect much even if you get it up and running.

Go with something with a name brand on it, this way if anything goes wrong you'll have:

1) A Warranty

2) People that can help you out

If you have any questions on your current card I'll try to assist you to the best of my ability, but I have never used it in the past.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Thanks again for the Info

Nah, I don't expect much from the card, but I have seen it selling other places for 16.99 for the same card. All after I bought it...

Its no loss, but I would like to make it work - My camera is only a 50 dollar special - It's just so I can see who is pulling in my driveway, and when. I have 3 different entrances, and by the time I get to the door, they tend to try another or take off lol

Also it has already aided me in letting me know that I left my dog outside, and forgot! I know that sounds bad, but he takes off while I am working on something, and next thing you know he's out of sight and out of mind.

I have had 0% sucess at the moment in running the card, but I havent put too much into it.

I was just hoping somebody had dealt with the same card etc...

Thanks again - BTW I got my PC before I got the house, and now that I got the house I don't have the kind of money to put into a cctv system I would LOVE to have, but it doesn't mean I can't dabble a bit right?

Mike in ME

Hi

Thanks for the welcomes, and the info

I had to change my resolution to 800x600, and now I get some security key thing - figures

I'm hoping I can find some other software that will work, but I should probably just get a quad splitter and forget they card.

L8r

Hi

I finally had a break through. I downloaded go1984 and it detects and runs it fine.

I am actually considering buying it because it is working very well, and I have been pretty happy with the demo.

I forget who pointed me in that direction, but Thanks!