moe

Altronix Power Supply Board Mounting with Tape Question

This is probably a stupid question, but... when mounting a new Altronix power supply board to an existing enclosure, Altronix includes some padded back to back tape. The problem is, I don't see any free spot on the back of the power board to stick the tape. When using this tape, is it ok to stick it to welded areas on the back of the Altronix board?

Thanks

As long as nothing protrudes through the double stick tape, do not want any potential shorts, and make sure that there are no contact points on the cb.

As long as nothing protrudes through the double stick tape, do not want any potential shorts, and make sure that there are no contact points on the cb.

I don't think things will protrude through the tape. There are solder points that are sharp and will pierce the padded tape, but they won't make contact with the enclosure.

I'm not sure what you mean by "contact points". Can you explain?

Thanks

Usually place the new card on the door when expanding the altronix, so make sure the placement is not going to make contact with a possible "short" when you close the door.

Usually place the new card on the door when expanding the altronix, so make sure the placement is not going to make contact with a possible "short" when you close the door.

Ahh, I see. No, I will be replacing, not expanding, but thanks for the tips!