How about GeoVision GV-600-4?

On pricewatch it's listing for 99 bucks shipped, and you can run 4 cameras color or B&W

Is this a decent card? I also am looking for a better card, well one that installs and works!

Still hoping somebody has some info on use of this 1-16-08

Thanks!

SO

Should I just sum it up that this is a POS card?

I thought Geovision was good. Just trying to get set up with a decent 4 channel card without investing a lot.

Not having any luck atm with finding anything out, but I am assuming the card I bought is garbage, so I am looking for a alternative.

Thanks for any replies...

at $99 most likely it is a pirated card. It retails for around $380. Dealers can get it for less, not that less though, not for a legit card, but if there is a website offering dealer price to end users then they should not be supported as they are destroying the industry.

GeoVision cards in general are great, but they have to be legit cards or they wont work properly.

As you may already know, GeoVision is a software developer, and that they do well, and generally they dont make the cards themselves. But as to which card you pick well it will depend on the speed you are looking for.

Hey

Thanks for the info, BTW the company selling them at that price is listed at like a 60% rating, so doing business with them is a shot in the dark.

I did get the low end card I got to work and run great for my stuff using go1984, and I think I might buy it after the trial is up.

Again, thanks for the info

Mike in ME

Like i said though, $380 is retail, if you can get it cheaper and can afford it, the card is good. Actually a GV650 would be better IMO but then I use those mostly for 8 channels, so the GV600 should be good for 4 cameras.

go1984 doesnt come close to GeoVison software though, but if it works for you, thats all that matters.

Well this is what I have to say about go1984

It works ok - but I had to wait almost a week for the key, and this was for a "electronic" purchase of it.

I will not be renewing it, and I think I would prefer to get geovision.

If they are better, and the cost isn't bad either.

L8r