sjose

need help on cable & power for new camera

I have problem to get picture from a new camera (Sony SSCDC193). I used 24VAC power supply & a coaxial cable with BNC converter at one end for camera and F connector at the other end for TV. I am not sure whether this connection is working. I want to try a cable with BNC at both ends and use BNC to F connector to the TV.

Since I am very new to this CCTV, any help for is appreciate

Thanks abunch,

SJOSE

if you are using a F connector then you are connecting into a TV or VCR via the cable connection? If so, you cannot do this. You need to take the signal from that camera and plug it into your VCR, RCA jack input, and change the VRC to "line". You need a "device" that will"tune" the camera for you before you input it into the TV, unless you have a high speed TV with video monitor inputs on it (RCA connector/jacks). Since you are using a BNC "converter", I'm assuming that you are changing the BNC to a RCA connection because you have RCA connectors on the cable you are using? If so, you won't need another "BNC converter" on the equipment side of the system to make it work on a VHS. I hope this helps.

Thank you all. I am able to get a picture now, using a cable with BNC at one end and RCA at the other. Without your help, I probably send the camera back.

You are my savior.

SJOSE