executivecctv

HELP PLEASE I HAVE THIS INSTALL TOMMORROW!!!

OK...I installed a 8 Camera PC Based DVR in a Store and now the guy wants to put a tv hanging out front with 4 cameras showing on it.

I used a KGUARD DVR Card...there is NO loop out like a linux dvr. What I am wondering is if i use a coaxial 2 way splitter on 4 of the 8 cameras and run the 4 splits to a multiplexer and then into the tv...WILL THAT WORK?

Please Help if you can...I Dont know what to do.

Thanks alot...Much Appreciated!!!

No. You can not "split" video signals like TV channels. Your best bet is to utilize the composite output on the computer's video card, feed that to the remote location and leave the DVR program up on the computer in full-screen mode showing the 4 desired cameras (if that is possible with your software). Otherwise, you would have to buy 4 distribution amplifiers to "split" the video signals.

Yes, it can work. but you need to considerate distance from cameras to dvr, remember if you put a splitter you will send a poor signal to dvr if distance is long.

PD. sorry about my english, I hope you understand.

I disagree.

First of all, you can't use TV splitters at all. They do not pass the video frequencies (typically 0Hz to 4Mhz). TV splitters rarely pass frequencies below 5Mhz.

Secondly, if you try to use another "passive" device, like a "T", you will likely wind up with weak video and ghosts and/or ringing (closely spaced repeated ghosts of a vertical or diagonal edge where dark changes to light or vice versa, going from left to right) in the pictures.

I disagree.

First of all, you can't use TV splitters at all. They do not pass the video frequencies (typically 0Hz to 4Mhz). TV splitters rarely pass frequencies below 5Mhz.

Secondly, if you try to use another "passive" device, like a "T", you will likely wind up with weak video and ghosts and/or ringing (closely spaced repeated ghosts of a vertical or diagonal edge where dark changes to light or vice versa, going from left to right) in the pictures.

I agree, but if dont have single output for each channel you can use a T only if you have short distance between camera and dvr.

is not the best option, but if you dont have more.

regards

you could bring the 4 cameras to be displayed on teh separate monitor into a quad (with looping video inputs) and then terminate those 4 signals at the DVR. The output of the quad will connect to the monitor so that you can view the 4 cameras simultaneously!

http://www.atvideo.com/Products/Quads/qc4.htm

http://www.pelco.com/products/default.aspx?id=278

http://www.americandynamics.net/products/multiplexer_quad_premium_quads.aspx

Just get a BNC T-adapter and call it a day. A couple years back we used it with 2 LCD's hanging on the wall, and it worked fine with no viewable loss in picture.

If your install is tomorrow you'll probably have to pay $5 or more at Radio Shack or your local electronics store, if it can wait, buy 'em off ebay for a $1.25.

Hope that helps.

When using a T piece you can affect the balance of the 75Ohm signal - not always it depends on some factors and sometimes just on how lucky you get - you have several options.

1/ Install a 4ch switcher (pick one that will balance the signal) you feed four cameras into this and loop them out to your DVR - the ouput from this device goes to the TV and then your cameras will rotate 1, 2, 3, 4 in sequence

2/ Dont bother with a quad it will cost as much as buying another 4Ch DVR whcih is an option especially if it has loop outs

3/ If the customer is happy to have the TV mimicked the same as the PC screen (showing all cameras) then you could use a twin video card if the run is under 15 Meters and if over this amount you could use a vdeo card in the pc that has an analogue output and then Amp that to the TV

4/ Change the TV to a CCTV screen with inbuilt Quad and use an amp to feed it 4 cameras

5/ T peice 4 cameras at the back of the dvr and feed into a RF moduator - feed this into the TV and with a remote they can change between cameras (channels)

I agree on the BNC "T" connector. It sometimes works, and sometimes does not, which probably has a lot to do with the components ability to auto terminate a signal.

I have an install that I maintain that has 80 cameras splitting to an analog matrix switcher, and a DVR farm. I can tell no quality loss in this set up. The picture looks great. But at another install, the installer split the signal to throw in a PVM (public view monitor) and it does degrade the signal noticable.

The "proper" solution here is simple: a quad or multiplexor with proper loop-through connections. Disconnect required cameras from DVR, connect to quad inputs, connect quad outputs to DVR inputs... all done. Clean, simple, won't give you any problems, no worries about loading or signal loss.