bucklock

Which Cameras to use in Convient Store

I am building a computer with either a Geovision or Video Insight board. I am getting the 16 camera model at 240 FPS. There is so many cameras it is driving me nuts. While the store is open, lighting would not be a problem. When it is closed, it still has lights on at the store, just not as many. The system they already have does not have the cameras hidden. They only are going to hook up 8 cameras at this time, but want the 16 camera cards incase they want more cameras. Would like a nice camera that costs between $125.00 to $200.00 apiece including the price for a verifocal lense. I have read that GE makes good cameras. Do they have anything good in this price range? If somebody could sell me a good 10 camera setup for $2000 dollars or less, I would take it.

Dan

I build the VideoInsight systems and have no complaints. Make sure you install the 240 into a PC (recommended or purchased via VideoInsight) that can handle it. Do not cut corners on the PC quality. And, a UPS for the PC and camera PS is a must! Camera's? I've used the inexspensive to the 300 - 400 dollar specials. What you use is directly dependant on the situation, location, appreciation factor! $2000 or less? I'm not sure you can do what your asking for less than 2k. Remember, your reputation will follow you. Don't save the customer money to look good or get the job. You'll look better when he tells his business friends that his new video security system kicks butt. No pun intended!

VST_Man,

Thanks for the response. I am building a good computer. I do not like Dell computers. I know their higher end computers are supposed to be better, but I have even had problems with high end Dell Servers. We would try to get customers to get Compaq servers, but some would get Dell because they were cheaper. We always had problems with the Dells. But they could be better now. I still hate their cheap home computers.

Camaras. I am going to look at some today. I think this place sells GE products. There is not many places in my area to buy stuff from. I think I will go with the Video Insight board.

Thanks again,

Dan

Yes, GE has some pro cameras :

For US sales:

http://www.cctvtime.com/

http://www.cctvtime.com/shopexd.asp?id=9155

Exview Camera, great image in light, and still sees in low lighting at night time, I have used them in several stores here.

I have also used this one, it is just as good in full light, but it is not low light, so it needs full lighting,

http://www.cctvtime.com/shopexd.asp?id=9154

Are you looking for hidden cameras? You mentioned 'hidden' in your post.

They also sell hidden cameras.

If you want to see what I generally sell:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ms/shop.asp?shop=products&cat=12

(prices are bahamian$$ so ignore)

ROry

Hi Dan,

Another cameras that work great are Mintron.

They have great picture and great prices.

Drop me a line if you want me info.

Cheers,

Joel

Ganz is always a great product I can supply that to you if you like

I have used Pelco & Sanyo so far Ganz is by far the best I have seen. I'm a newbie at this, I'm speaking from what I have used so far

hey Cooper, My brother got a job as a song writer/guitarist etc, in Machester for a singer called Rhian (female singer). http://www.rhiansherlynne.com/

Anyway, if things dont pan out in the next few weeks, with advertising, etc, ill be on my way over there as soon as he gets an appartment (somewhere to stay ). If you have any suggestions on CCTV places to check out please let me know, other wise ill be stuck with an IT job like ASP coding. ..which I do like, but CCTV is more fun

Things here are dead, the Bahamas is just not ready for it, I have held out for the past couple years, I think I have stuck it out long enough at tis point to say I am not giving up. Economy here is terrible, and you only get a job on whether the person knows you or not, nothing to do with what you know. A Xerox copying company here just got the $400K job to add cameras at the airport, had to have known someone, I mean, a Xerox company installing Security cameras! They are not even a player in the security industry over here. (small country, we would know, noone knows them). There is coruption here like you wouldnt believe, I can tell some stories just regarding CCTV and our main Harbour (where cruise ships dock), the "alarm" company that got the job, got it because they knew someone in the gov, and paid them a huge commision for them to get it, they called me to helo them finish it off, I told them NO! They charged I think it was $150K for 10PTZ cameras installed!!! They were cheap Merlit Lim cameras also....their problem was 2000+ feet signal using passive Baluns, which we all know wont push PTZ that far..

Anyway .. im really fed up here right now, Im finishing my parents new web site and will see what conspires over the next few weeks.

Ofcourse we also pay 50% Customs Import Duty on top of the price of every electronic product imported, (Cameras are 15% duty, other electronics are 35%, then add something called Stamp tax which is always 7%) so that doesnt help, unless you sell something like Eclipse or Everfocus, but then I wouldnt stay in the industry for that!

Rory

Strewth,

Talk about ironic; everyone wants to come to the UK, and practically everyone I know would like to leave

Funny old world isn't it? Talk to most people over here, and they'll say that life has changed substantially over the last few years .... and not for the better.

Petrol (Gas) is equivalent to about $7 (US) for a gallon (Imperial), parking is $ 6-7 per hour, a basic one bedroom flat (apartment) in London averages around $ 375k, crime is reportedly going down, but I've never personally come across so many friends and family being affected by crime in just one year (last count it was 11 people); hospitals are in crisis (allegedly), and that's just the good stuff!

Rory, I'll have a look around and see if I can suggest any sites worth a look (it may take a day or two). Be prepared though, the 'old boy' network is alive and well and kicking here too. It's often not what you know, but who you know that counts. The last time I missed out on a really big consultancy contract, I was told that 'bulls**t beats brains'!

You never know, others on the forum may have need for your talents

DVR Expert Australia

And I always thought that Australia was the land of opportunity!

If you've got expensive habits, your going to need some serious dosh (money) to keep yourself smiling here. Mind you, you don't have to go too far to find a few Man. U supporters.

Oh by the way, CCTV - just thought I'd mention it as I seem to have been lead astray somewhat.

Ok thanks.

We have alot of Brits come down here to live, and they think it is bad until they come here, and just cant believe it!

Imagine all those prices, higher cost of food, cars costing 100% on the price of a car bough in the US, no government assistance for anything, average salllery being $175 a week, there really are no jobs except maids jobs, run down streets, garbage everywhere, no reliable/safe public transportation... and crime going out of control.. at least that is the case for Nassau the capital.

Ok thanks.

We have alot of Brits come down here to live, and they think it is bad until they come here, and just cant believe it!

Imagine all those prices, higher cost of food, cars costing 100% on the price of a car bough in the US, no government assistance for anything, average salllery being $175 a week, there really are no jobs except maids jobs, run down streets, garbage everywhere, no reliable/safe public transportation... and crime going out of control.. at least that is the case for Nassau the capital.

sounds nice place to live if you look for the action and exitement

setup some hidden cameras and cupture some of that crime on video with sound and sale to a tv or hollywood , or setup a website for crime of the day show

dusan