metapts

camera suggestions

I need a few cameras for indoor use. They all face outwards towards entrances and one of them is pointing at a glass wall and door, so I'm worried about contrast/backlight issues. They should also have IR so they can see in the dark.

Any suggestions?

Also, they must be analog/bnc and I will be recording at D1 resolution. Will there any benefit in going above 420 TVL? Live viewing is not an issue, so all images will be recorded, digitised, compressed, etc.

Thanks.

Camera recommendations would start with

Budget

threat level

camera job description

Budget: self explanatory.

Threat level: residential verse residential with a million dollars cash under the mattress verses commercial, verses building with security classification.

There is no "right" camera. When installing cameras I look at what that camera is supposed to look at from that position, and what is it supposed to tell me. In dark nightclubs I use $100.00 mini B/W cameras for pool tables, darts, tables, and walk ways. I use $1000.00 cameras for the front door, back door, and the ATM machine, and I use $300 - $400 cameras for the in between stuff. Believe it or not $ B/W minis work great as long as there are rope lighting, pool table lights, and bar neons to provide low lighting for the cameras.

I would suggest varifocal cameras so that you can set each camera to the perfect view, and then as your needs/situation changes then you can change the view on the camera to meet your new needs.