rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

ACTi ACM-4200, 1.3mpix, ACTi megapixel lens(LEN-205/2.8-12mm)

For that price, very good camera.

Is that their cube camera and do you have it in a housing?

Yes

Yes

Also is that a var-focal lens your using?

Yes

Yes, it is ACTi "LEN-205",MegaPixel lens, CS, 2.8~12mm, 1/3", F1.6, Manual IRIS, day/night, 102.2~23.7 degrees horizontal F.O.V

Cheap.

Yes

Yes, it is ACTi "LEN-205",MegaPixel lens, CS, 2.8~12mm, 1/3", F1.6, Manual IRIS, day/night, 102.2~23.7 degrees horizontal F.O.V

Cheap.

You can't beat that for the price. How is the low light on that camera and what housing are you using?

Yes

Cheap.

You can't beat that for the price. How is the low light on that camera and what housing are you using?

I dont have night time images. But there are two 500w lights. So, plenty. Customer is happy, so I am.

Just and ordinary outdoor heated housing from Taiwan.

100022_1.jpg

Yes

Cheap.

I dont have night time images. But there are two 500w lights. So, plenty. Customer is happy, so I am.

Just and ordinary outdoor heated housing from Taiwan.

100022_1.jpg

How are you powering the camera, housing and AP with one cat5? I know the camera is POE and so is the AP. Thank you for the info

How are you powering the camera, housing and AP with one cat5? I know the camera is POE and so is the AP. Thank you for the info

Camera is powered from 220v(but works on 3.3v), also the housing. Then there is PoE injector which runs LAN with power to AP on the mast. I`m taking 220v from lamp post.

How much does that camera cost? and the lens? I am assuming you work with megapixel cameras a lot.

1600mm_Lens_1-1.jpg

Found lense here, not that expensive

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&Q=&IC=CA6004LISEF&A=RetrieveSku

There is even 800m version:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=RetrieveSku&IC=CA80056LISEF&Q=

Nice stuff

That's not the same lens... looks like it has focus AND zoom rings. Canon doesn't show anything even similar to that on their site... in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say that looks like a Nikon lens (which can be used on an EF mount with an adapter, although you lose AF capability).

Hmm, bingo! This looks like the one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381605-REG/Sigma_595101_Zoom_Super_Telephoto_300_800mm.html

Looks like a tele-extender on it as well, probably this 2X model: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/390169-USA/Sigma_876101_2x_EX_DG_APO.html

So that's got an effective zoom of 600-1600mm at f/11. Veeeeery tasty!

(BTW, was at an airshow on the weekend, got to play with a buddy's 104257_1.htmlEF 400 f/2.8L IS USM[/url], on my 40D... now THAT is a nice toy!)

How much does that camera cost? and the lens? I am assuming you work with megapixel cameras a lot.

1600mm_Lens_1-1.jpg

Found lense here, not that expensive

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&Q=&IC=CA6004LISEF&A=RetrieveSku

There is even 800m version:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=RetrieveSku&IC=CA80056LISEF&Q=

Nice stuff

That's not the same lens... looks like it has focus AND zoom rings. Canon doesn't show anything even similar to that on their site... in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say that looks like a Nikon lens (which can be used on an EF mount with an adapter, although you lose AF capability).

Hmm, bingo! This looks like the one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381605-REG/Sigma_595101_Zoom_Super_Telephoto_300_800mm.html

Looks like a tele-extender on it as well, probably this 2X model: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/390169-USA/Sigma_876101_2x_EX_DG_APO.html

So that's got an effective zoom of 600-1600mm at f/11. Veeeeery tasty!

(BTW, was at an airshow on the weekend, got to play with a buddy's EF 400 f/2.8L IS USM, on my 40D... now THAT is a nice toy!)

Spot on Soundy, that's the set up used.

Yea, the L series 400 IS f/2.8 is a really nice lens, Lucky I dont need the IS and just use the standard USM lenses, they are a bit cheaper than the IS. My fav's are the 50mm and 85mm @ f/1.2, but dont get many customers buying them due to price, they just go the f/1.4 and f/1.8's

Yea, the L series 400 IS f/2.8 is a really nice lens, Lucky I dont need the IS and just use the standard USM lenses, they are a bit cheaper than the IS. My fav's are the 50mm and 85mm @ f/1.2, but dont get many customers buying them due to price, they just go the f/1.4 and f/1.8's

Are we still talking about CCTV use here, or have we shifted to SLRs?

I have the EF-50 f/1.8 for my 40D, that's a nice little lens. I've had a few instances where the 1.2 would be even better (for the extra stop of light) although the razor-thin DOF would start getting kinda tricky.

Wondering how useful IS would be in a CCTV application like this... I know on an SLR/DSLR body, it's generally recommended to turn IS off when you're using a tripod. I suppose if you camera was on a particularly shaky mount...

Are we still talking about CCTV use here, or have we shifted to SLRs?

I have the EF-50 f/1.8 for my 40D, that's a nice little lens. I've had a few instances where the 1.2 would be even better (for the extra stop of light) although the razor-thin DOF would start getting kinda tricky.

Wondering how useful IS would be in a CCTV application like this... I know on an SLR/DSLR body, it's generally recommended to turn IS off when you're using a tripod. I suppose if you camera was on a particularly shaky mount...

Talking CCTV applications still, however I use the F/1.2's mainly for taking portrait stills on my SLR and where DOF is not an issue. I use the f/1.2 sometimes in CCTV where there is very low light, example in a gaming room enviro, however due to cost use the f/1.4-f/2.0 most of the time. I understand for main stream CCTV the use of cameras that have large CCD megapixel sensors and an EF mount for lenses is cost prohibitive, but you just got to love the quality of images that these cameras have. The larger sensors and increased sensor "well capacity" really do make a difference.

Due to fixed mounting in CCTV applications the IS is not required.

Hi

We are IP CAM/WEBCAM producer, these days, our clients installed some ipcamera, but it turns out that they are very hot, and it's much hotter than the analog cam, why is that? Any one can give me clue please?

Thank you

Bruce

Shenzhen EasyN company(China Office)

hello

I think you are talking of car license detection, this is really special situation, WDR camera works pefectly in this situation, equipped with DSP technology, it integrates the back light compression and strong light compression, would work becautifully in detecting oncoming car, in the garage or parking lot,

fake ???

Hi!

Nah it is not fake, I can upload the video source as well together with a player so you can have a look at it!

JD

Nice picture JOINDVR, what camera is it?

Yes, I would like to know as well since I could use two of them right now if they are true Day/Night cams.

looks like the number plates have been 'photo-shoped'

Seems JOINDVR became suspiciously silent for some reason? Not that I would want to call him a liar.....

looks like the number plates have been 'photo-shoped'

Seems JOINDVR became suspiciously silent for some reason? Not that I would want to call him a liar.....

Give me a break!

It takes time to photoshop all 1601 frames in the video!

I will upload the video, for you to download, but I am a bit busy these days, the weekend is cuming up! Guess I have mroe time then!

JD

HI! Sorry for my late reply!

I have been quite busy the few last days so no time before today!

This is a zip file on almost 67MB and includes a player, codec and video clip on about 2 minuts, it is a megapixel camera that is held in a hand down at the street.

http://www.dvr.no/published/uxga.zip

The camera is a DS-2CD852MF-E.

You can take your own picture using the player, either as jpg or BMP play with it and give feedback if you feel for that!

Have a nice week!

JD

Ahh, the old Hikvision cam. I can get a hell of a price on that model if I get at least 10 of them, even better if I buy 100 of them Let me know who wants to go in on some . Theres also another model thats more expensive but I am unsure if it is acutally better or not since I have never purchased either of them. Its a DS-2CD862MF-E.