rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Ahh, the old Hikvision cam. I can get a hell of a price on that model if I get at least 10 of them, even better if I buy 100 of them Let me know who wants to go in on some . Theres also another model thats more expensive but I am unsure if it is acutally better or not since I have never purchased either of them. Its a DS-2CD862MF-E.

hehe you're nick means DRUG Dealer where I come from, and now you want to push cameras!! hehe Where is the world going!

JD

Ahh, the old Hikvision cam. I can get a hell of a price on that model if I get at least 10 of them, even better if I buy 100 of them Let me know who wants to go in on some . Theres also another model thats more expensive but I am unsure if it is acutally better or not since I have never purchased either of them. Its a DS-2CD862MF-E.

hehe you're nick means DRUG Dealer where I come from, and now you want to push cameras!! hehe Where is the world going!

JD

Really Where I come from it means nothing as I made it up. Its actually a miss-spelling of the word doppelgänger that means a ghostly double of a living person that haunts its living counterpart .

I'm not pushing anything, just seeing if anyone else was interested. I was not looking to make any profit just trying to be nice. Thats where the world is going when it comes to me and "where I come from"

JD

Really Where I come from it means nothing as I made it up. Its actually a miss-spelling of the word doppelgänger that means a ghostly double of a living person that haunts its living counterpart .

I'm not pushing anything, just seeing if anyone else was interested. I was not looking to make any profit just trying to be nice. Thats where the world is going when it comes to me and "where I come from"

I am just pulling your leg, but DOPLANGER menas drug dealer! Maryland cookies!

JD

Yea I like that camera the detail in Axis cameras is very good. Not the best at night but day time they are very good

I have not fine tuned the system yet these are just rough tests.

The IR lights are on the wrong angle as is the camera.

-still playing with settings.

In a proper situiation where the lighting and vehicle movements are controlled like a gate I think it will be good.

z

Axis 207w with LED 5500K 35w light

111902_1.jpg

Tomorrow I will post the same but with halogen 100w floodlight.

What is the shutter speed? These Axis cameras go as low as 2 seconds. Try posting a simple walk test (normal speed walking across the FOV).

Best,

Christopher

What is the shutter speed? These Axis cameras go as low as 2 seconds. Try posting a simple walk test (normal speed walking across the FOV).

Best,

Christopher

I cant access this camera. These images were sent to me.

This is with 100w halogen floodlight:

111918_1.jpg

With 35w LED light:

111918_2.jpg

35w led vs 100w halogen - what a difference!!!!

I cant access this camera. These images were sent to me.

I have the 207mw (not the 207w). The larger pixels of the 207w should do better in low light than a 207mw, but that's a pretty big field of view for a 35w led. I'm guessing the shutter speed was too low to see detail of a walking person.

In any case, it's a really important question to ask. These IP cameras that are capable of 2 seconds shutter speeds can look fantastic on parked cars. At 10:02 pm the car looks great; at 10:05 pm the car is gone. Sometime in between the car was stolen. No real clues on who actually stole the car, or even how many were involved in the theft, because at 2 seconds, it's all a blur.

Best,

Christopher

Do you have the model of that 35W led fixture?I can't wait till more motion light security fixtures hit the market..

yes the secrets out white LED's do a great job, I think its all in the color temperature of the light, floods are warmish in color LED's stay at 6000k or so and don't move color due to voltage fluctuation.

It looks to me like almost like a 10 to 1 ratio. A 1w LED can do equivalent 10watts of "bulb" light -a sweet deal....

Im designing a 10W [small] White LED illuminator as we speak the LEDs are in the post ! [parts ~$100]

I have 100w halogens as my base line.

Infrared has its uses, but a crisp color shot will always win the day, Rayled white lights work fantastic but the prices are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high.

I think we will see more White LED's turn up integrated like the Axis M`s

z

Perhaps it is the inherently increased contrast of the night image, but the focus of the night image appears better than the day image. The day image looks very soft.

Best,

Christopher

All using the lenses that came with the cameras.

Actually, that one was maybe a poor example, the focus turned a little soft a couple days after we installed it (it's 40' up a wall, so it's not easy to get up and adjust it without a boom lift). It seemed the best example of low-light though - all the others are are looking at fairly well-lit scenes.

Actually, that one was maybe a poor example, the focus turned a little soft a couple days after we installed it (it's 40' up a wall, so it's not easy to get up and adjust it without a boom lift). It seemed the best example of low-light though - all the others are are looking at fairly well-lit scenes.

Just saw they are the dome cameras

Just saw they are the dome cameras

If that one is one of the initial cams that came out, they had really bad lenses on them, and a lot of distortion in the dome cover.

My first ones also didn't have three axis gimbal, had to use wall mounts.

Soured me on them a little, haven't used any since.

Talk to your Arecont rep about it.

I got new lenses for some of mine by asking nicely

Been thinking about trying to fit a Computar or Kowa lens in there, even the newer lenses are pretty iffy.

Hey guys remember my thread about the ip cameras? Well here finally I got some time to play with them. The picture is AMAZING when there is not alot of sunlight but when the damn Florida sun shines its freaking horrible! I'll try and get some pictures when I can.

*Note this is picture taken when I was installing an analog system, I decided to see what the ip camera would look like. Its decent but I don't think it would work for my clients.

113106_1.jpg

113106_2.jpg