rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

If only there support was as good as the image qualty

Don't know why you had bad support, I thought their support was excellent, actually quicker to respond than Axis but I would say both are pretty equal. I had them connect to our camera to diagnose a problem, they fixed it and all was well.

If only there support was as good as the image qualty

Don't know why you had bad support, I thought their support was excellent, actually quicker to respond than Axis but I would say both are pretty equal. I had them connect to our camera to diagnose a problem, they fixed it and all was well.

You got support from Mobotix US or Germany? Mobotix Germany support knows everything about there product but the had part is getting them on the phone.

Edited by Guest

Indoor snap shot of Sunkwang, Vivotek and Geovision 1.3 Megapixel Cameras all cameras are set at factory default

geovision1.3.jpg.680d466b4cb738463a6cb63f0e667fd1.jpg

vivotek1.3.thumb.jpg.e68ea13964fa36c4bdc02c3955fdc7f5.jpg

sunkwang1.3.thumb.JPG.20f0cb7237ffca227c98b26dd83e2e63.JPG

Acti ACM-4201 with original lens, maybe a hair out of focus, but not much.....

130952_1.jpg

ACM-4201 with Fujinon megapixel lens

130952_2.jpg

Worth the extra money, I think!

130952_1.jpg

130952_2.jpg

Thanks man.... that camera is the best bang for the buck for indoors.... use it all the time.

Much better with a good lens. I wonder if this applies to Vivotek. Their images are even softer than Acti, but maybe with a good lens they would also improve dramatically.

Thanks man.... that camera is the best bang for the buck for indoors.... use it all the time.

What lens are you using on that second picture, Hardwired?

Edited by Guest

130952_1.jpg

130952_2.jpg

Are you sure that factory lens wasn't just out of place? Looks a little too soft compared to the ones I've installed...

What lens are you using on that second picture, Hardwired?

The Fujinon YV2.8x2.8SA-2, on that one. I've also been using a fixed Computar 5mm, H0514-MP that works well, too. I didn't notice that the factory lens was a little out of focus until I was going back through the archive after changing it to the Fujinon, and was not going to change it back to the factory lens for a comparison again.

Try it yourself, when you get a chance though, you'll see what I mean. It's worth the added cost.

The Fujinon YV2.8x2.8SA-2, on that one. I've also been using a fixed Computar 5mm, H0514-MP that works well, too. I didn't notice that the factory lens was a little out of focus until I was going back through the archive after changing it to the Fujinon, and was not going to change it back to the factory lens for a comparison again.

Try it yourself, when you get a chance though, you'll see what I mean. It's worth the added cost.

Bluecherry looks like they want about $130 for that lens. Is it that good to be worth half-again the price of the actual camera?

So you buy a cheap taiwan camera and surprise, they skimped on the glass. I put a $6 lens on my Foscam and it's way better than the lens it came with. Just curious if anyone tried this on Vivotek. The images from that brand of camera posted here look the softest, worst of any other camera posted here, but they do have an attractive price point. I would be interesting to see if a $300 2MP camera like the IP7160 can get the same results as Hardwired got with his Acti?

BTW, here's an Axis M1114 at it's full resolution. Very nice camera, good night visibility in color

128907_1.jpg

Especially when you consider that you can get them for under $500 with megapixel resolution, auto-iris varifocal lens. Axis is getting pretty price competitive.

HD is something you can sell, sounds a lot better than megapixel. Once you open the megapixel can of worms, they start comparing to their sub $200 camera that's 12-14MP. With the word HD, they start comparing it to their HDTV.

Here's a comparison of a Panasonic HCM735a (left) and an Axis M1114. Both about the same price when you add in the housing costs on the Axis, both 1MP camera, both have h.264. I used to think the Panny was OK, but now I think it's not so OK.

129032_1.jpg

Here's a comparison of a Panasonic HCM735a (left) and an Axis M1114. Both about the same price when you add in the housing costs on the Axis, both 1MP camera, both have h.264. I used to think the Panny was OK, but now I think it's not so OK.

129032_1.jpg

Looks like the Pano has AGC or the Iris too bright, or its just dirty.

Colors look funky also. Someone changed the settings?

129032_1.jpg

What housing are you using? Cheap Chinese or something special? Full size or compact?

It's not my cameras, just showing you from another forum. The housing is a cheap $35 housing for the Axis, the Panny is already an outdoor camera. Axis did a good job with this new camera and priced it right at under $500 street price, shop it right and you can get both the camera and housing for under $500. Downsides are no audio and no external sensor conections. Ironically, the also new and less expensive M1054 has external sensor connection, has a built in light and a PIR motion detection. The problem with the M1054 is no good way to get an an outdoor housing for it's odd shape. I'll try to capture some night shots from the cameras, but I'm not home, so I can't post them yet, maybe tomorrow.

Thats Johnny's backyard hey?

I agree the Axis does look good. I like their network streams also.

Yup. The nigthvision right now is also very good, clean, no noise, very good for color and not going to IR B&W mode. The Panny is fair, but has a moderate amount of noise.

IMO they need to make Axis a standard for streaming video .. they just have it all together .. i wish they could come down on the Day Night IR Bullets a bit though so it could be something close to the non IP ones .. or even a camera at the cost of the cheapest Acti MP camera .. or is that what you guys were talking about with the new HD ones? Im no fan of Acti's streaming. Ofcourse Im a little biased there though as Im just using their activeX controls .. acti's is very heavy and crashes alot inside a 3rd party app. Meanwhile I can stream 30+ Axis cameras without one single issue .. even on a 600Mhz Asus EEPC! I also use Geovision's and its still not as heavy as the Acti's and its stable as well.

129032_1.jpg

What housing are you using? Cheap Chinese or something special? Full size or compact?

bpzle, it seems that Panasonic has lower resolution than Axis. Images are very different, or you have set very low bitrate amount for H.264 on Panasonic. Axis is clearly better if we compare image quality (contrast, color reproduction etc.).