rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Those are the cameras in my examples. I really like their images. Which NVR are you using?

On that night sample I'm guess that there is quite a lot of house lighting in that shot and that that shutter speed is slow (lilke maybe 1 second). Am I right?

Interesting... Did you do full screen at HD?

^ Wow is it me or is that image bad? Zero detail on the trees..... Looks like a bad lens

Dahua 2MP Dome 3.6mm

http://vimeo.com/47318546

I'm seeing some softness in parts of the image, but it isn't consistent. The door above the handle (our left, mid screen) looks OK, but the lower part of the hand rail is a bit soft. I don't think it is as bad as some of the comments indicate. The bottom of the porch light looks crisp. I suspect that plant by the railing is just fuzzy, as is the edge of the welcome mat.

Viewers - right click to turn off scaling, turn on full screen.

Dahua 2MP Dome 3.6mm

I'm seeing some softness in parts of the image, but it isn't consistent. The door above the handle (our left, mid screen) looks OK, but the lower part of the hand rail is a bit soft. I don't think it is as bad as some of the comments indicate. The bottom of the porch light looks crisp. I suspect that plant by the railing is just fuzzy, as is the edge of the welcome mat.

The Fedex truck also looks ok.

Buster, I think those pics are amazing for a sub $200 camera like that one you're exampling.

What's the shutter speed on those Dahua night shots? What's the ambient lighting?

The shutter speed (default) is auto. I haven't had a chance to play with the settings. The ambient lighting is only streetlights in the front of the house down the street.

The shot on the side of the fence has a 3 head LED fixture (11w each head).

Finally took some time to compare my cameras.

Sony SNC-CH140 Shutter speed 1/60 max, AGC low.

Lighting: dark. No moon, porch light, house number light, plus light on the garage off screen to the left. Fixtures have a 7W LED bulb in each. Garage door closed. House is light coffee colored.

I then added an IR unit. See the ACTi post for details.

vlcsnap-2012-08-11-sony-porch-res.thumb.jpg.d1a84d9c606a63f57c6f6ed586e02781.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-08-11-sony-ir-res.thumb.jpg.db22759a0c45dd7e9384b0234a7ea0f2.jpg

Edited by Guest

ACTi TCM-5311: night profile: brightness 42, AE Ref Target (Gain) 12, Shutter 1/60 max

I started with the house lights and then swung in an IR unit from Amazon (currently called the S-8100).

The ACTi initially responded well to the IR, but within a second lowered its image brightness to the point that the IR made no difference in the image. Odd behavior that I might be able to tune around, it I decide to keep this thing.

vlcsnap-2012-08-11-acti-porch-res.thumb.jpg.cc030dd13a570ad367b6185ba884a41d.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-08-11-acti-ir-start-res.thumb.jpg.8af1d3c08c5d3956655b2b4120c35b80.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-08-11-acti-ir-finish-res.thumb.jpg.67bfc990d7f34ba0dc32d9b885fd34a6.jpg

Dahua 2MP Dome 3.6mm

The Fedex truck also looks ok.

Buster, I think those pics are amazing for a sub $200 camera like that one you're exampling.

I think as a professional that looks at HD/Megapixel images all day every day those images are sub par. If someones face was that bush and you needed to ID that person (which you should be able to) you would be out of luck and WASTED $200.

Please circle in the picture what you think is unacceptable quality. You can save the photo and make circle in MS Paint.

I see some areas of the image that are soft or slightly out of focus but think this is maybe bad camera lens. Should be obtaining replacement camera shortly to confirm.

198812_1.jpg

I think as a professional that looks at HD/Megapixel images all day every day those images are sub par. If someones face was that bush and you needed to ID that person (which you should be able to) you would be out of luck and WASTED $200.

How would this be worse than spending $500+ on a high-end analog camera that wouldn't let you ID the person either?

^ sure when tell me who you work for or what your real profession is

Why do you think this is funny? You offer some vague criticism citing your vast professional experience, but when asked for more information you get coy. How is this helpful? It's like a game of "I've got a secret".

FWIW, I think you are wrong about the image. The subject is not well suited to determining how sharp the image really is. OTOH. I think the camera placement is poor.

Rather then bickering like some old ladies in church, how about using a test subject to see if there are any areas that may not be as clear as some people think it should be.

As usual you have a lot to say and little to show us...

Why not help if you can?

^ sure when tell me who you work for or what your real profession is

As usual you have a lot to say and little to show us...

Why not help if you can?

What kinda help are YOU looking for?

He asked for more information about what areas of the image appeared soft.

I think the problem is obvious: if it's not an Avigilon Pro camera with Canon L-series lens, it's a complete waste of money. If you're not spending $15,000+ per camera location, it's just not worth bothering.

I think the problem is obvious: if it's not an Dahua or HIK camera with s...ty lens and Vigil , it's a complete waste of money. If you're not spending $500+ per camera location, it's just not worth bothering

Edited by Guest