rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Mobotix M15 when is that shipping 2020?

I better get my order in now, beat the rush.

I'm see M15 at IFSEC last year. 5MP sensor sensitivity is better, but still has dynamic range problems. But, no implementations on B/W sensor. Instead of B/W sensor will be thermal sensor This not a joke.

Mobotix cameras is not bad. But Mobotix is good "still", but not "movie" camera

buellwinkle, great blog (y)

Mobotix M15 when is that shipping 2020?

I better get my order in now, beat the rush.

I'm see M15 at IFSEC last year. 5MP sensor sensitivity is better, but still has dynamic range problems. But, no implementations on B/W sensor. Instead of B/W sensor will be thermal sensor This not a joke.

Mobotix cameras is not bad. But Mobotix is good "still", but not "movie" camera

Mobotix has a great hardware but there software is not user friendly, they are way to slow releasing new products and support is not very responsive.

Sorry we don't have snow at the moment, but here's some snapshots from a Dahua IPC-HFW3300C. This is a 3 MP bullet. So you'll have to click on the picture, then click on the 4 arrows in the lower right corner to view the full sized image.

Daytime

images/imported/2012/12/208353_1.jpg

Nightime

images/imported/2012/12/208353_2.jpg

That is a very impressive camera. Thanks for the photos.

I'm guessing the camera is too new for there to be much feedback on it right now.

How about just a good recommendation on where to buy one? I've been a fan of B&H for a while so I was leaning toward them but I'm not sure that's a great price.

I'll be happy to post pictures and my (admittedly novice) experience with it once I get one up and running.

Thanks again.

I apologize as I realize I'm just talking to myself in this thread but there might be another noob that benefits.

I just realized that these cameras can't be remotely aimed. I thought dome cameras were all able to be remotely aimed (derp). I would have made an expensive mistake.

I’m back to thinking the Q-See/Dahua/Costco deal might be my best bet if fixed cameras are in my future anyway.

You want a PTZ Dome then, none of the fixed domes can be aimed remotely, hence they are called fixed domes. They make PTZ domes that do this, I reviewed one on my blog. Just click on Panasonic on the right menu on my blog.

You want a PTZ Dome then, none of the fixed domes can be aimed remotely, hence they are called fixed domes. They make PTZ domes that do this, I reviewed one on my blog. Just click on Panasonic on the right menu on my blog.

Wow! Nice blog. Thank you very much for the information. That's a really impressive camera and may work perfectly for my application.

Did you get a chance to test the "Auto tracking: Pans/tilts to follow a moving subject"?

I'd love to know how that worked.

Thank you again very much for the information.

That's a really impressive camera. The zoom is amazing!!

Looks like the Outdoor version (WV-SW395) is about 2 grand. That may be a bit more than I'm willing to spend but it's really good to know there is such a camera.

PTZ cameras can easily cost 3-4X what a fixed dome costs, it is what is. You don't want a cheap one because usually people put PTZ cameras on patrol, meaning they automatically go from one preset location to another and cheap motors would likely not last as long.

I tried autotracking and it drove me nuts. I did this on the Axis Q6035-e. It would lock in on a tree that was swaying in the breeze and bounced around parts of the tree, so I have not seen the value in autotracking yet, but that would be a cool feature. It certainly looks cool in videos that manufacturers put out.

There are some fixed dome cameras that now have motorized focus and motorized varifocal lens. You can't change where they are aimed, but you can adjust the focal length and re-focus from the comfort of your browser. Cameras with this feature are slightly more expensive, maybe $50-100 more. Don't confuse motorized varifocal/focus with zoom. Zoom implies the focal length and focus are linked together. Autofocus means the camera will be automatically kept in focus. The motorized focus in most cameras that have it can be as tedious as manually doing this but the comfort of doing it from indoors. The camera that does this best is the Axis P33 series domes. All others I tested are hit/miss with remote focusing.

Thank you again very much for the information.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know but that has great value.

I think I'm going to follow yours and other's advice and go with more of a beginner DIY system at a much lower cost. I think the Dahua/Costco 4cam/NVR deal with a few lens swaps will be a good starting point for me.

I really appreciate the help.

ACTi PTZ and GeoVision PTZ:

wRPNyDNa85A

Sorry that I didn't make this video on both cameras in same time, but it was rly hard to mount them on my balcony I had to return them next day and using standard accessories would leave tracks... so I used ironing board and some cable to stabilize them... There was room only for one dome

Also, my boss sent me this big a$$ camera cousing from SCENE (IR chaina stuff). 8 IR LEDs with 70meters range, here is video form it:

Iswo9L1cOaQ

I made a review on my new blog, but its in polish :/ I don't know if its any use with "google translate", you decide. Maybe I should make those future reviews in english, but I don't know if its any better than google translate

http://cctvnerd.blogspot.com/

Noticed this suspicious individual wandering around on my street the other day:

213595_1.png

Avigilon 3MP IR Bullet. Only complaint is the snow creates too much glare for the camera to properly compensate and illuminate my truck. Will look better when the grass appears. Love the adaptive IR and the way it keeps illumination to a minimum until motion is detected.

Here is Acti E12 3Mpx cube camera vs a 7 year old box camera. Sorry i had to shrink the size of the file for the Acti Camera

Edit: D12 cube with 'Basic WDR'

Edit x2 it's an E12 cube with audio (next time i'll actually look it up)

Channel02_20130305162920_577.jpg.f5b8b9ba772e98c69cf4ba4e84f6a81a.jpg

20130305-16_28_13.jpg.8a5a613d6d1597dff833e2237e345d46.jpg

Edited by Guest

its not bad at all just that any face further then 8-9 feet is a little washed out its a 2.xmm lens. so i'm going to add another one by the counter and face the door.

i'm looking around for the formula pixels vs distance vs lens for clear face shot.

Do the new ACTI Cubes allow changing lenses? Stock it says 3.6mm. Looks like you could narrow it a little and gain some distance. I have a similar situation and plan to try a cube or two.

Do the new ACTI Cubes allow changing lenses? Stock it says 3.6mm. Looks like you could narrow it a little and gain some distance. I have a similar situation and plan to try a cube or two.

Soon I will post some reviews of those new cameras on my blog. Here is interesting picture

213704_1.jpg

It's Evetar M13BF312IR

I can't get focus on 12mm range, but it works at about 8-9mm.

wide angle:

213704_2.jpg

zoom in:

213704_3.jpg

yeap its a CS mount lens.. i put on a 4.2mm lens and it looked good! And the D12 that i have also has audio and its decent. The only thing i would like to see better software options on video... it's pretty basic.

Even the dahua cameras you can select a small zone where you want the white balance to be. ie away from a window

yeap its a CS mount lens.. i put on a 4.2mm lens and it looked good! And the D12 that i have also has audio and its decent. The only thing i would like to see better software options on video... it's pretty basic.

Even the dahua cameras you can select a small zone where you want the white balance to be. ie away from a window

Nope, it's not CS mount, it is M12

About that white balance, try changing AE target, in exposure tab in video options. This way you can "move" white balance.

Destro_23, can I use those two photos on my blog? I will link them here

EDIT

Ahhhh you are not talking about D12, you have E12!

E11, E12 and E13 - cube with audio and CS mount lens.

D11 and D12 are smaller, without audio

Video made from stills taken by Dahua IPC-HDB3200C in 1 sec / 7 secs intervals. Seems to be sensitive enough to

capture northern lights...

Johannes

Video made from stills taken by Dahua IPC-HDB3200C in 1 sec / 7 secs intervals. Seems to be sensitive enough to

capture northern lights...

Johannes

nice video.

any normal daytime and nighttime videos you can post.