rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

I guess this is the camera your using?

227598_1.jpg

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7326

Yes, and they do make a 1.3MP version, but my distributor doesn't carry it. You can always provide a second stream for remote viewing and record 3MP. For example, when I use IP Cam Viewer on my phone, it picks up the sub stream and I get pretty nice fluid motion, like at the lake, I can see boats and water skiers gliding across the lake.

I'll put a review together soon. I have it mounted so it will record something interesting day/night over the next 2 days. Then I'll mount it this weekend for what I originally got it for, the view of our boat dock and the lake, it will be more interesting than viewing my driveway, or not. So instead of seeing where I park my car, you'll see where I park my boat, LOL.

But to keep you from getting too anxious, this is my backyard, complete darkness, taken from their 3MP mini IR dome with a 12mm lens, so the fence is 50' away from the camera. Pretty nice illumination. This is a new design and we're waiting to get them in bulk with wide angle lenses (I got this one-of direct from Hikvision, took a while). BTW, as always in my images, 1/30th max exposure time.

227609_1.jpg

Yes, I realize the sub stream is for mobile devices. Same for Dahua. I have a few 2mp cams out there and I set sub stream

for CIF and they still look pretty good on the iphone with nice streaming. I have nothing bad to say for the HIKvision

products or the company, but for me personally, I'm getting very sweet deals on dahua products and my customers

are happy. I do notice the soft spots that their cameras have, but for your average person who has only seen analog

cctv cameras, they are amazed when I show them samples of the Dahua jobs I've done. Also, as I see it, Dahua seems

to be a growing company especially now with all this rebranding of their products, so I'm sure things will improve as

time goes by. Anyway, post up a video, lets see how that bad boy looks!

Dahua is getting way too much love here.

Does this Hikvision model supports a second stream with a lower resolution? What are the lower resolutions?

Just changing it up a little, had to throw in another brand so the world doesn't think it's all about Dahua, LOL. I do admire your work, you've done some very nice installs.

Daniel, its' 320x240 or 352x240 or 704x480 for the sub stream.

FYI, I have installed aftermarket lenses on Arecont cameras and it is amazing how much the lens that comes with it restricts it's clarity. The sensors in Arecont cameras are actually damn good.

FYI, I have installed aftermarket lenses on Arecont cameras and it is amazing how much the lens that comes with it restricts it's clarity. The sensors in Arecont cameras are actually damn good.

Really please post some before and after images.

Really please post some before and after images.

I second that

Which lens did they come with originally, and which ones did you replace them with? I have a few of their MPL4-10 lenses, and they're pretty good for the money, but not great compared to the pricey 1/2" lenses.

The Hikvision 3MP bullet cams are great. Just installed 13 of them at a body shop. I have 4 around my home. $220 a piece, can't go wrong IMO.

The Hikvision 3MP bullet cams are great. Just installed 13 of them at a body shop. I have 4 around my home. $220 a piece, can't go wrong IMO.

lets see some sample footage...

Hi All,

Does anyone in the forum try on the new

Dahua (or equivalent rebranded Dahua camera)

WDR 3101 series camera. Any review?

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/13-megapixel-wdr-137.html

It will be great if someone can post some screen shots

and give a feedback on the 3101 series camera.

According to my supplier the 1MP WDR 3101 series camera

cost more than the non-WDR 2MP 3200 series, why do you think?

Thank you.

Dahua_1MP_WDR_3101_series_camera.jpg.552440c0cac12a1a7278b00b55bf6ad1.jpg

Sounded like a good story, so much so that I actually went and checked my most recent Dahua wholesale price lists, and just looked at the big bullet as an example, and wholesale, the 1080P version is $30 more expensive than the 1.3MP version but I do like the story.

But I can tell you in general, the newer 1.3MP Aptina sensor does have better low light sensitivity than their 2 & 3MP Sony Exmor sensor cams. Look at my reviews on the Q-See 720P indoor dome vs. the 1080P outdoor dome, you'll see the 720P is mo better.

The title of this post is "megapixel cameras - images and demos" the post has gotten off on a tangent discussing everything but images and demos.

how about starting a new post?

OK, I'll throw some new camera images out there, keep it going. These are images an ACTi D32, 3 megapixel IR bullet, good bang for the buck camera from ACTi;

229007_1.jpg

229007_2.jpg

Youtube videos here;

Day -

Night -

Hi All,

Does anyone in the forum try on the new

Dahua (or equivalent rebranded Dahua camera)

WDR 3101 series camera. Any review?

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/13-megapixel-wdr-137.html

It will be great if someone can post some screen shots

and give a feedback on the 3101 series camera.

According to my supplier the 1MP WDR 3101 series camera

cost more than the non-WDR 2MP 3200 series, why do you think?

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the Dahua WDR 3101 series cameras are NOT available in US yet

at the time of this posted message on the forum.

So I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I will get some sample videos and pics later. Sorry, been really busy. Loving this forum and want to contribute whatever I can!

Here are some snapshots of two of my cams.

Porch: Hikvision 1.3MP 6MM

Driveway: Hikvision 3MP 4MM

TwoCams.thumb.jpg.23868a3258da66832b759081895c6fc7.jpg

I will get some sample videos and pics later. Sorry, been really busy. Loving this forum and want to contribute whatever I can!

Here are some snapshots of two of my cams.

Porch: Hikvision 1.3MP 6MM

Driveway: Hikvision 3MP 4MM

@PokerMunkee, what kind of VMS u are running to capture the screen shots on the HikVision cameras. Also, can you specify the model no for the 2 cameras?

Thanks

Here are some pics of the 13 cameras at a body shop I recently did. We haven't had time to adjust the cameras yet, so there is some tweaking to be done. Two inside office cams are Vivotek 1MP domes and the rest are Hikvision rebranded 3MP bullets (CMIP8232). Recording all cameras at 18FPS.

This is on a custom built Win7 computer with 6TB of space, using 3XLOGIC's Vigil v7 NVR software. Did this job for under $3.5K in parts/software. They ran all CAT and installed cameras, I just donated my time to get the NVR up and for them to view cameras from home/mobile. They've been plowing my driveway for the last 4 years, so I figured I owed them a bit. They also bought me two of the 3MP cameras for my home install!

I'll post some night shots later. They place is lit up pretty good with flood lights but the IR does come on a few of the outside cams.

shop1.thumb.jpg.829d4be4dbdfcafa54fba4af6086b2eb.jpg

shop2.thumb.jpg.a2e3a44b0a9753e4b0f0df7fa706e6da.jpg

shop3.thumb.jpg.78655d57d5fbcc6b458c2d55fa1e7d25.jpg

How do you compare the Vivotek to the Hikvision cameras in terms of image quality at night. Last time I looked at Vivotek, the didn't fair well in low light but clearly technology has advanced since then and want to know if they are comparable, one is better than the other?

Funny you should ask! The owner's nephew installed them at his home (outside on driveway), charged him over $300 a cam and told him they were 2MP (when they are 1MP). They were WORTHLESS at night, only 9 IRs. Very grainy and dark.

So I installed the Hikvisions at his house and it's a night/day difference at night and even the day. I'd never buy a Vivotek cam after using them. They work fine at the office since they are dome, so at least he got to use them.

How do you compare the Vivotek to the Hikvision cameras in terms of image quality at night. Last time I looked at Vivotek, the didn't fair well in low light but clearly technology has advanced since then and want to know if they are comparable, one is better than the other?

@buellwinkle,

If I have the $$$, I will try out some cameras from Vivotek and ACTi,

but after seeing the performance of the latest cameras from Dahua

and HikVision, I can save $$$ and try on them.

In terms of cost effectiveness, IMHO, Dahua and HikVision cameras can beat

both Vivotek and ACTi.