rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Most MP cameras look great in the day.

The ultimate test for any MP camera is:

1. under LOW LIGHT conditions with MOVING objects (cars/people)

2. under BRIGHT LIGHT with MOVING objects (cars/people)

Thieves/perps do not usually stand still..

Any great value camera for situation number 2?

I am not able to currently recommend a "value" WDR MP camera.

I tested many cameras for WDR over 1 year ago to overcome a difficult and very bright mostly glass booth problem.

The Sony SNC-CH140 box camera was able to provide a great image, regardless of how bright the background became.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-SNCCH140/

WDR=130dB

Sony's ViewDR (visibility enhanced wide dynamic range) is very good.

As with all Sony products, expect high Sony pricing...

Also, in general with most CCTV cameras, low light capabilities is slightly reduced when WDR is enabled...

Well I am enjoying my Hikvision 3mp during the day, at night I am absolutely displeased with how bad the night vision is.

Looking at a few posts up with the truck, how did you achieve such a nighttime image? any additional IR boxes.

I ran cat 7 and with a core i7 4790 using a software nvr, I still get a lot of pretty bad images at night.

Frustrated... again

Well I am enjoying my Hikvision 3mp during the day, at night I am absolutely displeased with how bad the night vision is.

Looking at a few posts up with the truck, how did you achieve such a nighttime image? any additional IR boxes.

I ran cat 7 and with a core i7 4790 using a software nvr, I still get a lot of pretty bad images at night.

Frustrated... again

I run the 2032's and mine are spot on at night? have you got the IR turned on?

Wow i really like the quality of these cameras.. Awesome, Anyone know if you can integrate hikvision and axis cameras?

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I ........Night & Day Capture.

Wow i really like the quality of these cameras.. Awesome, Anyone know if you can integrate hikvision and axis cameras?

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I ........Night & Day Capture.

Sure, if your system supports it. I use 3xLOGIC's Vigil Server and I have Arecont, Hikvision, Axis, and 10 year old analog cameras all recording on the same servers.

Frustrated... again

Cat7 won't make it run any better than 5e or even 5 Do you have any sample images?

I'm really impressed with what my $140 hikvisions can pull off at night. It sure sucks compared to the day, absolutely, but it's more than just a blurry mess.

A great way to make any camera work better at night is to just throw more light at it. I have my garage lights running all night at--I calculated it--a very small cost, but they throw a lot more light onto my driveway. Heck, the light alone is likely to keep naughties away, but it helps the camera quite a bit.

I-View Communication Inc.

IR-2MIPS04-F0311

2 Megapixels Full HD 1920x1080

f=10.5mm, from 14th floor.

257345_1.jpg

I-View Communication Inc.

www.i-view.com.tw

Axis M3007-P panorama 5mp camera.

Axis P3346-VE 3mp camera at 12:15am. Completely dark outside except for my porch light that is on a photo-sensor and stays on all night. There is enough light that my camera never switches to B/W mode -- it stays color all the time -- which is fine with me with this picture quality.

I'm recording H.264 at 5fps on exacqvision. My exposure settings are all left at default. The only thing I did was install the camera, zoom all the way out, and then remote auto focus it.

1518796804_FishEye_20141020_233106.thumb.jpg.c6c92322a83227ac354637f449ed1419.jpg

2056083760_FrontDoor_20141021_001425.thumb.jpg.1010b46836bf818a2a0c6208ebda23ac.jpg

I-View FE-5MIPN-F01

5MP 360° Surround View Panoramic PTZ Fisheye Network Camera

ONVIF compliant.

5-Megapixel (2592x1920) Video Resolution @ 10 FPS.

Muti-Streaming.

257839_1.jpg

Hi!

short demo video from 12Mp Intellio Camera (made in Hungary)

cost only 990Euro! without objective " title="Applause" />

www.teslatech.hu/de/

I-View IR-2MIPS04-F0311

2MP Full HD 1920x1080 Network Camera

ONVIF Profile S compliant.

2-Megapixel (1920x1080) Video Resolution @ 30 FPS.

Muti-Streaming.

BLEoV5rswXE

Currently we are testing PTZ cameras (SONY, ACTI and VIVOTEK), here is an interesting function, defog:

hQaZ_5DL_b0

I know, I know, we need better scene

To bad I didn't had ACTi I-series PTZ with me then, now I have to wait for another foggy day :/

Zoneminder 1.28 latest Git version screen-cap

Debian 64 Linux server

Debian 32 Linux display, Firefox browser.

SWNHD-820CAM Raptor 5.20 firmware

259447_1.jpg

Dahua 4300c. I had to make the images smaller because 3mp images are too big to post here I think. Can 2048x1536 images be posted?? Anyway-

805827625_4300C1.thumb.jpg.fd5f5630bd7b51b55b77fd2fbc5cc7b9.jpg

452001754_4300c2.thumb.jpg.9458886751f120a875417b45e6e64365.jpg

1515802930_4300cwithlight.thumb.jpg.c2905b7e971100f08fb1b3e512ca9a65.jpg

Shockwave, is this the camera: http://goo.gl/WN03xi

If it is, I just tested one of these myself about 3 days ago. I was pretty unhappy with the audio quality and I was wondering what your opinion of it might be. Having said that, I'm not big on audio anyway, so I don't get a lot of exposure to cameras like this.

Also, how do you feel about the image quality and noise at night with it pointed in the direction of that light on the back of the house? When I tested it, there were some flood lights around but it did alright. It was nothing as direct as the setup you have there though.

It's this camera

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4300c-620.html

The audio seems quite low to me. It would never take the place of a dedicated CCTV microphone, imo. However I have heard a sample in footage that sounded good, but the conversation was close to the camera. My pictures were taken with the camera on a tripod for testing. I did nothing to fine tune settings in the camera for those shots, so I can't comment on how capable or not the image can be dialed in in a given situation. The ir on the camera is very powerful. It would work well for a wide overview of an area for night shots, or a very close door shot where the image seems to adjust well to reduce ir blast. But since I don't believe it's smart ir, it will produce ir blast out from the camera at say 15-25'. So it seems like either a wide overview or close up produces the best results. But I didn't tweak it so take that with a grain. The powerful array ir is the biggest strong point for lighting up large areas with no trouble at all.

The audio seems quite low to me.

This was my thought as well. My problem with it now is that, like you said, it's a very good camera for an overshot. In a position like that, the microphone is going to become almost negligible. It's a feature that probably won't work well, or at all, but one that you're still paying for.

It's kind of a shame because I really like the camera, but I couldn't ever expect anyone to be happy with the audio quality.

Thanks for the info.

It did have a great picture for a close door shot too. The image adjusts well even with the ir on. If there's enough light to keep it in day mode, even better. Depending on the location, the audio may be enough but it would never take the place of an external mic. And that's considering conversation. It would probably be fine to pick up louder audio, such as gunshots for audio ID of such an event. All things considered, it a very capable camera. For my system though, one was enough. I'm mostly fine with less powerful ir.

I-View Communication INC.

IR-2MIPS04-M0311

Motorized Lens 03-10.5mm

1080p@30fps

VBR 4000kbps

default settings

Indoor

260809_1.jpg

what you guys think?

here is the footage on YouTube.

pZ2mn_hlrdU

I-View Communication INC.

IR-3MIPW04-F0311

03-10.5mm

3MP@20fps

True-WDR 120dB.

VBR 4000kbps

default settings

WDR On

260810_1.jpg

WDR Off

260810_2.jpg

what further images or videos, would everyone like to see?