rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Part of the problem is nobody can properly demo a megapixel MJPEG camera, and to a point MPEG4 is tough if you have more then a few.

Part of the problem is nobody can properly demo a megapixel MJPEG camera, and to a point MPEG4 is tough if you have more then a few.

So how do you properly demo a camera? I have cameras let me know what you want me to do.

You would want to geographically located to take advantage of the internet structure. I mean each 1.3MP MJPEG cam lets say lays down 15mb and asy you wanted to be able demo 4 models, thats 60mbps. So in Tulsa you would need 60 business cable accounts worth up upstream pipe. Basically you would need an OC3 or better connection which ain't cheap.

You would want to geographically located to take advantage of the internet structure. I mean each 1.3MP MJPEG cam lets say lays down 15mb and asy you wanted to be able demo 4 models, thats 60mbps. So in Tulsa you would need 60 business cable accounts worth up upstream pipe. Basically you would need an OC3 or better connection which ain't cheap.

I would never stream a 1.3 or 3 megapixel camera. I would record megapixel resolution and stream something a lot more reasonable.

How about record locally and post the file somewhere to be downloaded?

I'd be willing to download 1GB or so to see a high quality demo.

MORE NITE SHOTS with the Arecont.

This time I have Arecont 3130M vs KT&C SLL650BHE and Axis 247s

It is VERY dark out back I can hardly see my shed with my eyes.

Arecont 3130M (4mm arecont lens)

79876_1.jpg

KT&C SLL650BHE (1/3"b/w EXvew ccd, 600 TV lines, .001Lux with a Tamron 1/3 2.8-12mm auto iris lens)

This is the best shot I could get.

79876_2.jpg

For those of you who say Megapixel cameras can't see in the dark I think you gonna start to eat your words.

With the Arecont you have no problem reading the CCTV sign.

Just an FYI, That KT&C needs to be focused in low light as its clearly out of focus in that image. Also their Exview is nothing compared to Exview Chips used by other brands, tested their exview against another side by side and it was more like normal BW sensitivity (0.1 lux).

Crisp image from the Arcont but why all the "texture" in the image, maybe just compensation for the low light?

Also, since there are shadows there seems to be some light there, in fact quite alot going by the light levels in the KT&C's view (Exview BW can see alot more in low light than our human eye can), enough for a standard exview to do a good job .. so get out there and focus that camera already

Nah .. I wouldnt bother, least not for a KT&C camera .. just keep the Megapixel images coming ... you found your new job on the Internet .. seriously though If I was in the US I would have done set up a site that did nothing but reviews of all cameras, DVRs, NVRs .. cant do it from here but I wish someone else would do it from the US .. they could make good money off it also while helping others out

Just an FYI, That KT&C needs to be focused in low light as its clearly out of focus in that image. Also their Exview is nothing compared to Exview Chips used by other brands, tested their exview against another side by side and it was more like normal BW sensitivity (0.1 lux).

Crisp image from the Arcont but why all the "texture" in the image, maybe just compensation for the low light?

Also, since there are shadows there seems to be some light there, in fact quite alot going by the light levels in the KT&C's view (Exview BW can see alot more in low light than our human eye can), enough for a standard exview to do a good job .. so get out there and focus that camera already

Nah .. I wouldnt bother, least not for a KT&C camera .. just keep the Megapixel images coming ... you found your new job on the Internet .. seriously though If I was in the US I would have done set up a site that did nothing but reviews of all cameras, DVRs, NVRs .. cant do it from here but I wish someone else would do it from the US .. they could make good money off it also while helping others out

Thanks Rory,

That was the best I can get the KT&C focus. This specs of that camera are better then what you get. The KT&C does better with more light but I would not get another one.

My neighbor to the left has is small I would say 50w light on but trust me it's dark out their.

I was just comparing the Arecont to a Analog camera in low light.

I would be testing the Bosch LTC0495 but 2 of them that I ordered form Anixter where bad out of the box.

I waiting for my refund so I can order a new Megapixel to test

Edited by Guest

Ok .. dont hurt your head with the other cameras .. we need you for the MegaPixel demos ..

This was taken with the Arecont AV3130 set to 5 fps. The camera was placed to capture license plates as vehicles enter the front gate.

Apparently the truck that was being hauled broke loose from its tow vehicle and went across two lanes of oncoming traffic before coming into camera view.

I converted the video to AVI format. The download is about 9 Meg.

Click to download AVI

Arecont AV3130

Firmware 62425

Resolution 1632x1000 (1.6M, Day)

Image Rate: 5 fps

Avg Image Size 228245

This was taken with the Arecont AV3130 set to 5 fps. The camera was placed to capture license plates as vehicles enter the front gate.

Apparently the truck that was being hauled broke loose from its tow vehicle and went across two lanes of oncoming traffic before coming into camera view.

I converted the video to AVI format. The download is about 9 Meg.

Arecont AV3130

Firmware 62425

Resolution 1632x1000 (1.6M, Day)

Image Rate: 5 fps

Avg Image Size 228245

Hilarious! I'm sure there was no truck or trailer or NOTE explaining the lack of fence!!

Why did not you focus at the gate only for tight shoot ?

just curios

Thx

Rory

The reason it was moving is due to the high winds that day and the poor mounting job of the housing. It is located on the corner of a metal building and there is not enough support. I plan on fixing this when I am in that city again. The funny thing is I have the camera set on motion recording for the drive entrance so if the video was not shaking due to high wind I would not have gotten anything.

AK357

The reason for the tight shot was due to specifications. We needed clear license plates as they enter into the facility day or night. We have an additional 17 cameras covering the perimiter.

What you don't see in the video is the timestamp. From the time the trailer goes through the fence to the time they have it hooked up and are gone is just about 10 minutes even. They were in a hurry to get out of there before someone noticed. We have great images of the truck & people involved.

I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. It made me laugh when I was searching for it.

Asoni have 1.3 mega pixel IP cameras.

Has anyone ever posted a review?

They have a bunch of live demos at:

www.a-soni.com/DEMO.html

Presently the CAM419 and CAM411 are streaming 1.3 MP images.

60.250.96.250:3074

and

60.250.96.250:3072

have to install their activeX

[edit by mod-fixed link]

What is the ueser/password?

guest, guest

Not bad BTW.

check the 4 channel server.

some people are getting it wrong.. it doesn't matter how many megapixels the camera has. if it has bad lux specs, then it sucks at night.

any camera can nowadays give a decent picture in daylight, so there's no point posting only daylight pictures - they should only be posted with night-time pics! even better when someone could post a video of some people passing the camera. i'd personally would like to see if the faces are recognizable. camera is no use if it doesn't give you any details at night