rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Just went out in city for night shots with Arecont AV1300DN +varifocal 4-8mm Computar H2Z0414C-MP.

1. You cannot get proper picture at 8mm. Its complete fog. I used both rings which came with lense, still not enough. Then I made extra ring myself from stripped electrical cable Works perfect with 3 rings. But still, I was surprised it doesnt say anywhere, even Arecont has put this lens as "reccomended"

2. Night shots in black&white are CRAP. Thats because of CMOS used in these cameras. CCD would be much better i think. But i do like color pictures, i must say they do look good for color at such a low light conditions. See pictures - you cant see even single number plate because of headlights blinding camera. Little too much light - bad picture.

3. I think that color reproduction of this camera is great, tried many colors, all show up exactly as they are in real. White is white, red is red etc.

4. I am impressed with size, its so small as you just open box. Lense is half of the camera size

5. Arecont software could be better.

6. It says 15-48V DC, but I did get it working with only 12V, no problem at all.

I have zipped them all, download from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnimgnwyzih

The middle one is what I made myself

ac9a35c08de0.jpg

Night Image from Avigilon 2.0MP HD pro cam,

Not full res, excuse the camera housing at the bottom of the image.

Thoughts?

d.jpg.546e309b3755b3effdda512f788497f3.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hi , My name is Mariusz, from Poland

Here are some screenshots from AV3100 DN

Lens - No Name, Software - NUUO

Regards

1560745985_4.jpg.06230d2e60b9df2186b54003a698ee0e.jpg

1503864642_2.jpg.b6d4f7d8dfaff5f5aa40bcee814d9dba.jpg

548730425_1.jpg.b6ddefa8b5311e752b8d6cb808e4f30d.jpg

Hi , My name is Mariusz, from Poland

Here are some screenshots from AV3100 DN

Lens - No Name, Software - NUUO

Regards

Hi Mariusz, welcome to forum

Really great image quality with some noname lense

Hi

What lighting are you using on those pics, Is it completely dark when those images were taken?

Be interested to see motion

Gentlemen, this kind of thing is why I come to this forum.

I've been thinking of replacing two specific cameras on my property with megapixel models (for vehicle and facial ID), and these pictures are a great help... megapixel cameras are simply too expensive to buy sight-unseen, or "just to try it."

Thank you.

Its SO hard to set varifocal lense in focus. Any ideas how to get lense in focus? It needs to be turned like 1/10 of mm, but you can you do it by hand?

Lot of times I find it easier to get it "close" with the focus ring, then fine-tune focus using the zoom ring - generally seems to be less "sensitive" on most lenses.

I happened to stumble upon this website and found it very informative. So, I thought I would contribute by submitting this 2MP image from my AV8180. This is just one of 4 images that this camera puts out. It is overcast and plant life is dormant during this time of year, so colors look kinda bland.

AV8180_Jan14_2009.thumb.jpg.abd8cd335a835d42a34b4da13efde671.jpg

Just to add to this, we installed a Vivotek 7142 recently at a condo entrance. It's quite decent for what it is. In an ideal world, they would pay for an AV3130 and a separate IR illuminator. Sparing that, I wanted to try out the IP7142. It works, but it took about a week of adjusting to get something that actually gets plate numbers. The focus range on this camera is very limited. It's currently focused just over the speed bump. Seems to be working pretty well.

ip7152_snap.jpg.24f06ddc0680e185d0c181cf5dbe4291.jpg

The night shots took a while to get right (although I apologize for blurring the clearest part of the license plate). The wide dynamic range on the IP7142 lets it pick up all the ambient light at night, making nighttime LPR very difficult. Luckily, you can set a schedule for Day/Night mode. Once that was set, image quality at night jumped tremendously.

One complaint with this camera is the incredibly high sensitivity of the AGC and white balance. It's adjustable, but doesn't change much. As soon as the guard walks out to remove the traffic cone (taking up approximately 1/8 of the screen) the gain shifts dramatically. This often makes is difficult to grab a plate during the day. You have to go frame by frame hoping for the clearest shot of the license plate.

The other problem is that you have to remove the front lens cover to adjust the zoom/focus. There are a number of (well, analog) camera models that feature external knobs or sockets to adjust the picture without exposing the interior to the elements. If you need to adjust something in the rain or high humidity (which is pretty much every day on Guam) it's going to have to wait until you have an extra silica gel packet to throw in.

To sum up, it's a budget outdoor IP camera. If you're after license plates, it takes some work, but that's true for any camera.

ip7152_night.jpg.c43d5327ab20702145959f71c79a637d.jpg

Night Image from Avigilon 2.0MP HD pro cam,

Not full res, excuse the camera housing at the bottom of the image.

Thoughts?

It is me or this image is a little bit out of focus

might be from the car windshield but yes it is...

I was actually referring to the one posted by rainman on page 4 as Night Image from Avigilon 2.0MP HD pro cam

Nice, thanks for those. For the 1231, How are the color night images at dusk?i.e, before the IR kicks on. The reason I'm asking is I'm researching cameras for a low light application in a restaurant.

Nice, thanks for those. For the 1231, How are the color night images at dusk?i.e, before the IR kicks on. The reason I'm asking is I'm researching cameras for a low light application in a restaurant.

This Image may will Help you.

This is from an ACTI ACM-3401 Megapixel Color Dome Camera, 7:00 AM

96527_1.jpg

Thanks. That is a BIG help. Why won't vendors show you pictures like that??! I have a Vivotek fd7132 loaned to us for testing. In that picture I wouldn't be able to see the creases in the coat.

I think that image would be fine for my purposes. But if I looked at it from a security surveillance point of view, you can't see what the man on the left is holding. I'd also want to be able to see the writing on the poster. Maybe with zoom? Still a pretty good pic.