rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

I happened to stumble upon this website and found it very informative. So, I thought I would contribute by submitting this 2MP image from my AV8180. This is just one of 4 images that this camera puts out. It is overcast and plant life is dormant during this time of year, so colors look kinda bland.

Thanks for sharing your image from the AV8180!

Do you by any chance have a night time shot from the AV8180 that you can share? I'm pondering between this and something like the AV3130 with a wide angle lens...

Thanks!

Avigilon 16MP Colour Camera - Cannon L Series 70-200mm f/2.8 Lens

104694_5.jpg

Same Camera and Lens - Dock Day

16MPDocksDay-1.jpg

Same Same - Dock Night Cropped Image

16MPDocksNightCropped-1.jpg

Very impressive!!! Thank you very much for posting these. How much does that camera cost? and the lens? I am assuming you work with megapixel cameras a lot. Which camera manufacturer is your favorite?

peeping Tom can have a wild time with this type setup.

Big Brother just might be watching?

curtains are cheap!

Remarkable.

Megapixel man, that is an exceptionally sexy setup you have there. How much does the image shake when a truck or car passes?

Very impressive!!! Thank you very much for posting these. How much does that camera cost? and the lens? I am assuming you work with megapixel cameras a lot. Which camera manufacturer is your favorite?

Hi, your welcome. The camera and lens set up in the long range testing photo is very expensive, with the lens cost being much more expensive than the camera. Yes, I work with megapixel camera systems everyday, assist in designing system solutions for customers, price and sell. For a complete end to end enginered system, performace, value proposition, range of Cameras etc.. my favorite manufacturer is Avigilon.

Remarkable.

Megapixel man, that is an exceptionally sexy setup you have there. How much does the image shake when a truck or car passes?

Hi, The trucks and cars are not a big problem, other than blocking the view, it's more the heat of day when shooting from that distance. if I get a chance I'll post an image with the effects of heat.

Thx for Pictures and info

I have ? for U

What did use to adapt Cannon lense to Avigilon camera

Adapter ?

Thx

Hi, The 16MP Avigilon camera is in the PRO range of their cameras, all the Avigilon PRO range cameras 2-16MP have CCD Sensor and EF mount for lenses. So no adapter required for Cannon Lenses. The optics of the Cannon L seires lenses are fantastic.

Remarkable.

Hi, The trucks and cars are not a big problem, other than blocking the view, it's more the heat of day when shooting from that distance. if I get a chance I'll post an image with the effects of heat.

That makes perfect sense... I'll bet the mirage affects the image quality significantly.

but.... for only 10k I can have a DSLR camera like a canon 5D mark2 @21 megpixels and remote control it.

then again...... I just sold my canon 40d with a 28-300 L series lens because the night capability was poor. [about 6k of gear new here]

Instead i've bought a Canon SX1-is just for day shots and looking at IR modified SLRs for night shots. i`ll post a few when i get one..

z

megapixelman, Love the images this is how CCTV should be!

This is CCTV with a $20,000 plus per camera price

The long range testing set up is a speciaized lens for the application I was using it for, not something normally used in surveillance appications, however if required for one I now know it can be done. ie: Military / Government applications.

As for the Avigilon 16MP cameras, I do hear people say "wow they are expensive", but I have had a few projects where they have won the work over other CCTV solutions on price and performance.

An example would be to cover a Stadium Crowd and be able to do facial recognition of every person in the crowd (40x 40M approx scene) from the opposite side of the Stadium both on live and recorded footage. Imagine how many fixed Analog or IP cameras + the supporting infrastruture would be required to do that? many thousands of dollars more expensive than just 1 Avigilon 16MP Camera.

[quote="megapixel man

An example would be to cover a Stadium Crowd and be able to do facial recognition of every person in the crowd (40x 40M approx scene) from the opposite side of the Stadium both on live and recorded footage

I guess u are happy with about 120 pix per linear meter for facial

recognition ?

Thx

I usually try to get about 150 pix +

[quote="megapixel man

An example would be to cover a Stadium Crowd and be able to do facial recognition of every person in the crowd (40x 40M approx scene) from the opposite side of the Stadium both on live and recorded footage

I guess u are happy with about 120 pix per linear meter for facial

recognition ?

Thx

I usually try to get about 150 pix +

I think worst we are getting out of one of the cams is about 128ppm set up at visually lossles, so not to bad. But like you I would much prefer to be up over 150ppm. We are doing some for Identification @ over 500 and 600ppm.

ACTi ACM-4200, 1.3mpix, ACTi megapixel lens(LEN-205/2.8-12mm)

For that price, very good camera.

99854_1.jpg

99854_2.jpg

ACTi ACM-4200, 1.3mpix, ACTi megapixel lens(LEN-205/2.8-12mm)

For that price, very good camera.

Is that their cube camera and do you have it in a housing?