d-tech

Vivotek - Large install

hey guys,

I have got a fairly large project i am looking at installing Vivotek IP cams. about x 90. Using models IP7131 or IP7138. has anyone got experience with these cams on a large scale. Should i be expecting any problems with running them on a dedicated network with about 5 switches?

Thanks!!

hey guys,

I have got a fairly large project i am looking at installing Vivotek IP cams. about x 90. Using models IP7131 or IP7138. has anyone got experience with these cams on a large scale. Should i be expecting any problems with running them on a dedicated network with about 5 switches?

Thanks!!

The largest I've ran was a 14 Camera setup and it ran smoothly. I used the IP6112 and the IP7139's and it came out working quite nicely. The key thing I used was the ST3402 software to view up to 16 different IP cameras at one time and you can navigate them via the software plus other functions in the software are rather nice. You should still be able to download a copy of that software off of Vivotek's webpage I think... If not let me know I'll find you a copy.

Thanks,

John

thanks

I havnt been able to get that software to automatically start on reboot and auto record. perhaps you could help me with that?

thanks

I havnt been able to get that software to automatically start on reboot and auto record. perhaps you could help me with that?

Ok... I've tried posting a link to the picture but it isn't working so if you want here goes a description! On the small ST3402 software icon in the running applications box of windows (bottom right by the clock) you should have the icon there, if so simply RIGHT Click it then goto Monitor Startup Mode and select Service Autorun. Once that's done close the software and restart the software and then the computer to doublecheck that it worked properly. That should be it!

Also, If you haven't already purchased the Vivotek cameras then shoot me a pm and let me see if I can get you a sweet price at where I work because we carry all of Vivotek's line and have had great success with them.

Thanks,

John

How do you set it to auto record?

I only have 4 cameras and it's already laggy in frame rate

How do you set it to auto record?

I only have 4 cameras and it's already laggy in frame rate

It's in the same menu as the "auto start" function.

It's going to be a little slow on a slower pc or even a slower internet connection? Are either of these a factor in your setup?

As far as getting it to work try going into the Scheduler and setup the function of recording for all 7 days of the week and you should be set.

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks,

John

just to add their spec`s are not flash

low light capability of 1 lux means its poor !

they are only good in daytime -useless in a club etc.

you should get a demo first before you buy 90, I would be looking at better

quality and more mega pixels =less cameras and bandwidth.

You cant go wrong with most of the AXIS cams for example [twice the price tho]

z

just to add their spec`s are not flash

low light capability of 1 lux means its poor !

they are only good in daytime -useless in a club etc.

you should get a demo first before you buy 90, I would be looking at better

quality and more mega pixels =less cameras and bandwidth.

You cant go wrong with most of the AXIS cams for example [twice the price tho]

z

I agree with ZM very much so actually. I should've addressed this earlier but I looked it over I guess? I'm having a horrible morning so I'll take some time to type this out.

What has made you chose the 7131? Have you viewed the IP7138 at all, it is a POE camera as well (802.3af compliant PoE) and is a mega-pixel camera rather than your typical cmos type camera. Also the 7138 can run a varifocal lens on it (non-mechanical) that you can adjust which would give you more options vs the other unit you've previously selected.

@ZMXtech, Tho the Vivotek cameras are far from a bad camera in my honest opinion, the Axis would be a better camera but is it truthfully worth $500 more dollars. The IP7138 comes in just under $400which is what I usually move it for and we move almost 37-41 of them a month successfully with very limited negative feedback from our customers.

Toss some info back in this thread if you could because we're making it a rather good IP cam thread I think.

Thanks,

John

Also the 7138 can run a varifocal lens on it (non-mechanical) that you can adjust which would give you more options vs the other unit you've previously selected.

Are you or anyone reading familiar with how to change the lens on the Vivotek IP7138? I just got a Tamron 13VM308AS lens(which is listed on Vivotek's website) that I would like to put on my 7138 but the camera body seems to require a much larger ring than the one on the Tamron. The 7138 included some kind of adapter but it is much too small.

The only problem I have with Vivotek is the turn around time for warranty. If it has to go back your looking at 4-6 weeks. With Axis it's 2 days and that to me is worth the extra money.

The only problem I have with Vivotek is the turn around time for warranty. If it has to go back your looking at 4-6 weeks. With Axis it's 2 days and that to me is worth the extra money.

That's when sending directly back to them.

With us it's you send it in if it's defective we swap it out and the turnaround time is typically however long it takes for it to arrive via shipping as we do all rma's (returns) same day they come in.

Goodluck,

John