ravenss

Where is Spytown?

Hi, I ordered a camera I wanted to try out from Spytown, first time, and it's almost a month without any response. I've sent emails and nothing, the phone number is always busy. Has anybody encountered the same bad service as me?

I ordered from them again in november, it took 2 months to get my item. I was able to get through each time I called but was told the problem was getting the ex82 from extreme.

I needed a 1.2 receiver, and it was 'of the essence" that we get it right away.

The FCC locked down all orders of 1.2 products, and I had some bids that were staged to be completed without products. I was having a hard time getting the products that I needed.

My normal vendor had the products in stock, but they declined to sell them due to the "lockdown"

SpyTown told me that he had a receiver. It was not brand new, and it had been a store demo.

Good enought for me! I had it overnighted, and I was able to get my job done!

I spoke to the spytown individual represented here on the forum several times before, during , and after the sell. I was impressed with him.

This was about 9 months ago. If his service is the same today as it was back then, then I would buy from him today.

If his service has fallen off then I am said to hear about this.

I ordered from them again in november, it took 2 months to get my item. I was able to get through each time I called but was told the problem was getting the ex82 from extreme.

Anything from Extreme can take some time. They normally have a 3 week build time. So when you order the item, expect the item to ship from their warehouse within 3 weeks. And Extreme typically doesn't drop ship, so that means they would have to ship to the vendor/distributor first.

Now take in the ship time. Extreme is in Canada, has to get through customs and then the supplier you purchased it from has to turn around and ship it to you.

My point is, anything from Extreme will take some time.

Well, Spytown canceled my order and the phone is always busy. Their website is still up so I don't know. It might be that they closed. Does anyone know another site like Spytown? Cause they had a large selection and good prices I think.

Well, Spytown canceled my order and the phone is always busy. Their website is still up so I don't know. It might be that they closed. Does anyone know another site like Spytown? Cause they had a large selection and good prices I think.

A LOT of my customers find spytown and try to do price comparison with them. Unfortunatly, my business is focused for install and then online. I can't believe how low there prices are on many products. I am able to beat there prices, but with very small margins. Thank goodness for my distributors for giving me better level pricing.

I am back in the forum and if you have any issues you can contact me directly, my name is Howard and i have been the one always helping the cctvforum members such as raven and rory. we recently moved from queens,ny to melville,ny and i've been involved with the huge move.

Any issues or pricing need just let me know... thank you.