dewalty

Dedicated Micros DS2 Email config

Hi,

1st post, so I hope I get this right!

Recently got a ds2, have got all of the functions I need working except the email. Ive searched in here for smtp setup but I didnt find anything.

Does anyone else know how it should be setup?

As the unit is at home, there is no dedicated email server. I have the smtp address of outgoing email from my isp, but this isnt in the form of an IP.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking timeout to reply.

Cheers

Jay

screen.jpg.273085a76c6fb4c38e6e506c999d37db.jpg

Nice work Sir Flannel

In fact what was needed was the DNS server of the router that the ds2 was connected to.

So for future searches:-

at the c: prompt type ipconfig/all make a note of your DNS server. This is then entered into the delivery address, with DNS ticked.

All I need now is a email address that sends sms notification of receipt of tagged emails.

Cheers

Nice work Sir Flannel

In fact what was needed was the DNS server of the router that the ds2 was connected to.

So for future searches:-

at the c: prompt type ipconfig/all make a note of your DNS server. This is then entered into the delivery address, with DNS ticked.

All I need now is a email address that sends sms notification of receipt of tagged emails.

Cheers

i know this is an old thread but i also have the dm and am trying to get the email notification to work, without success, done that dns server and my email address even though i have events through the external alarms on the dm, it doesnt seem to want to send anything as stills to the email address, im using a mail.com account and wondered if this email service was suitable if not can anyone recomend one to me many thanks.

i know this is an old thread but i also have the dm and am trying to get the email notification to work, without success, done that dns server and my email address even though i have events through the external alarms on the dm, it doesnt seem to want to send anything as stills to the email address, im using a mail.com account and wondered if this email service was suitable if not can anyone recomend one to me many thanks.