Gator

NV3000 no video

I received my nv3000 card today. I don't get video displayed from any of the four inputs. The setup screen indicates there are no cameras connected. The computer is a Pentium 4 C, ICH5 chip, Intel 875P Northbridge. It is 2.4Ghz with dual channel memory. It has two NVIDIA graphics cards, one PCI and one AGP. The graphics drivers are up to date and it works perfectly with the Haupauge TV Media board.

I have uninstalled the drivers and the application and reinstalled it.

Is my card DOA or is it a compatability issue with this all Intel hardware?

under setup, camera, have you "enabled" the camera's?

is your router & DVR on the internet, remote ready? I can look at settings if you want.pm me

I doubt that the card is DOA

The cameras are enabled, but the preview screen shows no camera connected. The auto scan cycles through four enabled inputs indicated by the buttons along the right of the screen, but there's no video displayed. Or if I select four image mode, the four indicators light. The computer does have a live internet connection, but I don't plan to use this remotely. I'm trying to view it on the local screen.

The background is deep blue, almost black. The setup screen shows a picture indicating no camera. I have analog camera slected for camera 1.

Device manager shows the card is "working properly".

I have a Hauppauge TV card which can pass video over the PCI bus and that works fine. TV is off at the moment. So the PCI bus should be okay for video. I have dual monitors. Both are NVIDIA cards and the drivers are up to date.

what kind of pc are you using? do the specs match avers recommended?

- reload latest software from the avermedia web site

sounds like your setting are correct. run software and connect camera, enable, view live. fairly simple unless hardware, PC hardware, is not happy with NV card.

did you purchase new?

I tried the card in an AMD system and it works there. The system I'm trying to install it in is an Abit IC7G, socket 478. It has other gremlins too such as lockups and not exiting properly. It's pretty disappointing.

Are there any other four channel cards that work properly in a system that's only a few years old? I need motion detection that will provide a real time alert.

I tried the card in an AMD system and it works there. The system I'm trying to install it in is an Abit IC7G, socket 478. It has other gremlins too such as lockups and not exiting properly. It's pretty disappointing.

Are there any other four channel cards that work properly in a system that's only a few years old? I need motion detection that will provide a real time alert.

CollinR is right

remove Hauppauge card

I have the same setup at home right now

Aver and Hauppauge card dont like each other

in my case it's no matter i am just playing

with Aver and megapix cam

I updated to the latest software, version g. I pulled the Happauge card out also and tried it again. It has no video and it locks the system after clicking on command buttons. The software locks my system, even with the NV3000 card removed. The system has been stable without issues, through several clean installs of the windows XP Home, all the graphics cards, Winnov AV capture card, modem etc. I'm throwing in the towel on this. More tinkering is more likely to lose my data rather than solve the problem.

I updated to the latest software, version g. I pulled the Happauge card out also and tried it again. It has no video and it locks the system after clicking on command buttons. The software locks my system, even with the NV3000 card removed. The system has been stable without issues, through several clean installs of the windows XP Home, all the graphics cards, Winnov AV capture card, modem etc. I'm throwing in the towel on this. More tinkering is more likely to lose my data rather than solve the problem.

Can you leave only Aver card inside comp and let us know

if it helps ?

Gator....one last shot....remove the PCI video card use only the AGP if your Nivida card has dual output you can still run two monitors, maybe a conflict with the PCI graphic card you should be able to retain your TV card, set up older dell 8100s, bought a load of them years ago on the cheap when building puter dvrs, powerleaped them to 2.8 used avermedia dvr cards woked with three differnt TV cards (older compro Videomate and Radeon Theatrix 550 PRO and WinTV)

The nv3000 works with the PCI graphic card unplugged. Good catch Lolo Wolf! Since I can't get by with a single monitor, that doesn't solve my problem though. My AGP card has a single output and the PCI provides the other output. I guess I could buy a dual head graphics card but that costs as much as a different capture card.

I am also not impressed with the motion detection. It false alarms often even with the sensitivity turned down. It only beeps once during an entire capture cycle. The Gotcha software I've been using beeps the entire time there is motion activity. That is very helpful in knowing if it's a false trigger or something worth looking into. The false rate is unimproved. Playback is much poorer utility because way too much is recorded and it takes to many click throughs just to have a look. When the password protection is removed, it still posts the password screen every time. Reviewing the captures, many of these alarms show absolutely no scene change.

How does the Geovision or for that matter any other card compare?

Gator, glad to read that it was the pci, I dont work with puter DVRs anymore and rarely use software motion detect cept for indoor conditioned areas, outdoor I rely on hardwire motion sense to trigger activity. You can pick up a cheap 9550 256MB (Radeon/ATI) for your dual, I used to use them for low budget setups worked fine, built several (Dual) for a client driving older dell sony 21" crts with Viewsonic VA912bs. Quite frankly I find software motion detect outdoors to be problematic and highly unreliable, and your video signal has to be optimal. Motion detect recovery using a combination of buried and post mounted sensors has given me the best results, less false hits and weather related triggers that traditional software set ups are not immune to. Ive used avermedia cards and several OEM boards. Computer setups are good for dedicated setups and it is a large market but I use stand alone DVR units only now for my installs. Rory on the forum has a lot hands on with geo and card software, perhaps he can guide you futher with advice.

I've been reading of problems running two monitors from a single card if the two monitors are different resolutions. I use two LCD's (Samsung 971P). I use one in portrait mode at 1024 x 1280 and the other in landscape mode at 1280 x 1024. That works out well for some internet pages, photo editing, spreadsheets etc. The NVIDIA drivers support this when using two separate cards.

Will the ATI dual output cards allow me to set each monitor to it's own resolution and orientation? I read some cards supporting two monitors require both to be set the same. I was looking at AGP 8x cards, including the 9950 you mention and the x1650.

all the dual cards Ive used, Matrox, NVIDA based (geforce)and ATI you can resize application windows across both monitors. You should be able set the resolution, color settings, and refresh rates for each monitor independently.

How does the Geovision or for that matter any other card compare?

Geovision has the best MD capabilities of what I have seen.

Also on your Avermedia you can use the object counter feature to trip an alarm to ring the buzzer. Not every FOV will this work for but it works well for my front door camera where region 1 is up the walk (but on it!) and region 2 is the walk but getting close to the porch. To trip the alarm a human sized object must move from region 1 to region 2. Region 2 > Region 1 is ignored (anyone can leave beep free). Use the counted object to trigger an alarm and make the alarm event the buzzer.

Geovision works close to the same just more detail, you can have different zones with different levels of MD ontop of IO and alarm triggering based on motion size and direction.