bruno

Speco cameras

I'm about to purchase some more cameras.

Looking at Speco. Any opinions on Speco cameras?

I'm looking at various bullet types. Some for indoors and some for out.

Thank you

Bruno

Stay away from their cheap ones, any of the $130+ ones are great, my line starts with their CVC-325 $137 BW Bullet Camera with IR. I have used the cheaper BW ones but the image is not as good. Other than that they last long. Ive only had maybe 2 go bad in over 3 years probably from power surge issues anyway. They are my low end camera line though, GE and ExtremeCCTV being the normal/high end.

Rory

Rory

What do you think about the Speco CVC-637 EX?

You mentioned some cameras possibly going bad from power surges. Is there a way to prevent this? Would a power surge protector in front of my power supply do the job?

Thanks

my line starts with their CVC-325 $137 BW Bullet Camera with IR.

I have a couple of these ordered. I figure I'll try pointing one at the front door and one out where I park the work truck. I am hoping these will feed into My RF Modulator so that I can simply distribute the signal to the televisions. Now I think I read somewhere that the cameras actually have a pretty long cable attached. Is this true? And is it a good cable? My runs aren't long at all, but I wanted to use some of this RG59/18-2 that I have had laying around here. That spool of cable is what got me thinking about cctv

cable is short on the regular version, but there is another version that has a longer cable.

you can use a RCA-BNC adaptor for video, and splice the power cable and use a barrier/terminal strip to join together, for example, or whatever you normally do in a case like that. I like to put up electric gang boxes and join it all in there, so its easy to get at in the future, instead of climbing back up in the corner of the attic...

cable is short on the regular version, but there is another version that has a longer cable.

you can use a RCA-BNC adaptor for video, and splice the power cable and use a barrier/terminal strip to join together, for example, or whatever you normally do in a case like that. I like to put up electric gang boxes and join it all in there, so its easy to get at in the future, instead of climbing back up in the corner of the attic...

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a plan. I'll have some time tomorrow to rough-in the cable while I wait for them to be delivered. I think they screwed something up. After 10 days I had to call for statis on the order. Sounded like they couldn't find my order. And then all of a sudden it just so happens I called on the day they were being drop shipped from some warehouse or something. She was real nice though. Hopfully she upgraded the shipping for me!

10 days! Darn, sounds like you are living in the Bahamas! Actually, it can take me about 1 week to get stock sometimes that they have in stock, and much more if they dont have it in stock, thanks to shipping from there to here, unless I overnight it with DHL or UPS, but then it costs alot more. If you still have issues let us know, dont know what area you are in but im sure someone here or myself can point you to a distributor that stocks them, the ones in Miami I use have them in stock.

Rory

If you still have issues let us know, dont know what area you are in but im sure someone here or myself can point you to a distributor that stocks them, the ones in Miami I use have them in stock.

Rory

Ok, thanks. I am sure it was just some fluke. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens over the next few days.

I'm in Northern California btw.

Well, now they are saying the cvc325 is discontinued. She suggests the cvc627 as an alternative. I don't think I will be happy with the resolution though. What would I lose going from 420lines to 350? I mean, I don't expect to catch license plate numbers with a 3.6mm lens anyway. But what kind of detail am I losing in those 70 lines?

this is the one i use, and as Far as I know, it is not discontinued though I would have to check and may know by tomorrow hopefully - the product has a good history.

http://www.spytown.com/cvc-325wps.html

The 627 is not an alternative. It is only 350TVL, it is color, and it is cheap color, meaning it will look like its cheap. When it comes to color, well you know. Anyway, you can get a similar model to that, same image quality etc, for like $60 from eclipse .... its all the same OEM stuff, cant get my hands on something like the CVC-325 anywhere else though, at least not yet.

ask them if they have the 320 or 321, same cameras, I think, just not sunshield, and they have longer cables.

If your going to get the 627, may as save the money and get the $80 CVC-130R BW bullet, at least it will be a little crsiper of an image! I dont know about you, but I hate looking at crappy color images ... ;-0

this is the one i use, and as Far as I know, it is not discontinued though I would have to check and may know by tomorrow hopefully - the product has a good history.

http://www.spytown.com/cvc-325wps.html

The 627 is not an alternative. It is only 350TVL, it is color, and it is cheap color, meaning it will look like its cheap. When it comes to color, well you know. Anyway, you can get a similar model to that, same image quality etc, for like $60 from eclipse .... its all the same OEM stuff, cant get my hands on something like the CVC-325 anywhere else though, at least not yet.

ask them if they have the 320 or 321, same cameras, I think, just not sunshield, and they have longer cables.

If your going to get the 627, may as save the money and get the $80 CVC-130R BW bullet, at least it will be a little crsiper of an image! I dont know about you, but I hate looking at crappy color images ... ;-0

Ok. I ordered this:

http://www.spytown.com/specprovcvse.html Is the difference between these two cameras cosmetic?

I'll check out the 320 and 321 thanks!

looks cosmetic., the sunshield looks different

its possible they also get it from a different manufacturer.

Rory